Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Our "New" Record Player!! I'm So EXCITED!
SunflowerMama 11:23 AM 04-16-2011
I may have played with this for an hour after it arrived ! I got the record player and 14 records with read along books on Ebay.

My girls just LOVE it!

Can't wait for the kids to get here on Monday!!
AfterSchoolMom 11:24 AM 04-16-2011
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I used to have one of those. I'm so jealous, I want one too! If it were mine, I wouldn't let the kiddos have free reign with it...
SunflowerMama 11:31 AM 04-16-2011
Originally Posted by AfterSchoolMom:
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I used to have one of those. I'm so jealous, I want one too! If it were mine, I wouldn't let the kiddos have free reign with it...
I'm going to see how they do with it. I have one little one who is 2 that will not have access to the player and the rest are 4 + so we're going to have a little sit down on the rules and then see how they do with it .
daysofelijah 11:39 AM 04-16-2011
I had one of those when I was a kid. Awesome!
Michael 12:42 PM 04-16-2011
Yes, but does it play 78's?
Kaddidle Care 12:46 PM 04-16-2011
That's a blooming antique! Kids these days have no idea what a record is! Have fun!
Michael 12:54 PM 04-16-2011
Originally Posted by Kaddidle Care:
That's a blooming antique! Kids these days have no idea what a record is! Have fun!
Actually they are back in style.
SunflowerMama 01:45 PM 04-16-2011
Originally Posted by Michael:
Yes, but does it play 78's?
Hehe. Nope just 33s and 45s.
PitterPatter 06:18 PM 04-16-2011
Originally Posted by SunflowerMama:
I may have played with this for an hour after it arrived ! I got the record player and 14 records with read along books on Ebay.

My girls just LOVE it!

Can't wait for the kids to get here on Monday!!
Aww how cute. I saved all of my kids records and read along sets from my child hood. I wanted to pass them down to my son for years. I couldnt find a good kids that worked and was a reasonable price range so I bought the new antique looking ones that have the radio, cassett tape, and cd player in it as well. He was so excited and we had a great time playing records for hours that 1st night. I told him all about my childhood and my favorite record was the Pokey Little Puppy. (it's the only record missing figures) His favorite story record is Brer Rabbit (songs and stories of Uncle Remus) We are creating new memories with my old ones. I love it!

I don't know any other children that have record players and some don't even know what they are! U will surely create some fond memories with that record player!
MamaBearCW 07:55 PM 04-16-2011
When my son was younger he seen a large record and he said "That is the biggest CD I have ever seen!" You have got to love kids.
Rachel 09:43 AM 04-17-2011
I had one of those too. Oh, the memories (how many of us are dating ourselves...)
Tags:music, record player
Reply Up