Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>More About My Screamer...
youretooloud 02:42 PM 06-01-2011
I think it's going to be a long summer.

Mom is Military. And, she's religious. So, apparently between those two, she and I have very different parenting ideas.

Mom also seems either very exhausted, or very sad.. I can't tell yet. (dad was deployed recently, and she was in Afghanistan until last year, then Dad went to Iraq..so, I think she misses him...and this baby is HARD)

I am not allowed to pick up the baby when she's screaming unless she has a good reason to be screaming.

If nap time is 2 hours long, she is to stay in her bed for two full hours.

She CAN be held and carried, but NOT if she's crying first. Her Mother will not have a kid who cries to be picked up.

The son is to be put in time out for wetting his pants. He's not even three years old yet.

I have never had a parent with this many rules for little kids before. I don't follow all of her rules... I do what I need to do to make our day better.. if that means carrying a screaming kid, I'm going to do it... but, this kid screams 24/7.
Childminder 02:48 PM 06-01-2011
How old is this baby? Irrelevant really; my home my rules. She can do it how she wants at her house. Three is two young to punish for accidents. He has gone through a lot in the past couple of years and just threw daycare into his life. Poor darlin'.
Blackcat31 02:59 PM 06-01-2011
Originally Posted by youretooloud:
I think it's going to be a long summer.

Mom is Military. And, she's religious. So, apparently between those two, she and I have very different parenting ideas.

Mom also seems either very exhausted, or very sad.. I can't tell yet. (dad was deployed recently, and she was in Afghanistan until last year, then Dad went to Iraq..so, I think she misses him...and this baby is HARD)

I am not allowed to pick up the baby when she's screaming unless she has a good reason to be screaming.

If nap time is 2 hours long, she is to stay in her bed for two full hours.

She CAN be held and carried, but NOT if she's crying first. Her Mother will not have a kid who cries to be picked up.

The son is to be put in time out for wetting his pants. He's not even three years old yet.I have never had a parent with this many rules for little kids before. I don't follow all of her rules... I do what I need to do to make our day better.. if that means carrying a screaming kid, I'm going to do it... but, this kid screams 24/7.
I would be given a correction order for putting a child in time out for a toileting accident. It is against our rules and regulations to punish a child for anything in that area of development.
Unregistered 03:02 PM 06-01-2011
I would like that DCM. When my own kids showed me they knew how to potty and went in there pants because of being to lazy to go such as playing with toys or watching tv they would go to time out too. I also would not pick my kids up everytime they cried. Good for this Mom these days parents baby there children way to much, and give them everything they want, then we end up with a bunch of spoiled children to deal with.
Mom_of_two 07:39 PM 06-01-2011
I don't agree with the punishment for a potty accident, but can see her reasoning with the rest of it. (Not that I would be that rigid, I do think sometimes kids need cuddles even if no apparent 'reason' so don't like that as a RULE)...many times we are not happy about the parents who want the child coddled- well here is the exact opposite-lol! Interesting. Keep us posted!
MyAngels 08:22 PM 06-01-2011
No punishment for toileting accidents are allowed here, either. It sounds like the little one could be suffering some issues because of the instability of having parents deployed back-to-back. While I understand mom's reasoning, I'm not sure, under the circumstances, that I would be able to be that rigid.
Tags:punishment, screamer
Reply Up