Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Advertising
themoorethemerrier 02:04 PM 02-14-2012
I'm almost done with the licensing process but I need to keep working on advertising.

I'm in a rural area and 'round these parts, CL isn't all that helpful... I've got a FB page, website, I'm putting out flyers to community boards, and I'll put out a child care sign in front of my house. I could put ads in the local papers, but they usually don't draw much business. Anything else I'm forgetting?

So far my flyer says:
"The Moore the Merrier Family Day Care

Group Family Day located a few minutes outside Delevan
*Christian environment
*Husband and Wife team
*First Aid, CPR and AED trained
*Health and Safety trained
*Natural & Whole foods menus that include breakfast, lunch, morning and afternoon snacks
*Summer program using a nationally accredited farm-to-plate curriculum
*NYS subsidy available
*Excellent references available

We are currently accepting children ages 3 - 12 enrolled into school or a morning program such as UPK, Head Start or Central Baptist Christian School's Kindergarten.

For inquires or to set up an interview Call **********
or send us a message at themoorethemerrierfamilydaycare.com"

Then rip-off tabs or business cards?

TIA!
Michelle 05:14 PM 02-14-2012
I love your whole ad, but maybe instead of the word "interview".....say "tour" because some people are a little put off by that word. They think they are being interviewed and it's just an awkward word for a daycare ad. We all know it's an interview but the word tour sounds more welcoming.
I saw your website and you guys are awesome! You will do very well
themoorethemerrier 05:11 PM 02-15-2012
Thank you! That's a great point about the word interview! I never even thought of it that way... Changing!
Michelle 09:06 PM 02-15-2012
No problem, if theres anythingI am good at , it's advertising now!
I have done a full media blitz on advertising my daycare, EVERY free site I know , I am advertising my daycare openings. I have been getting 4-5 calls a day now. Having a website really helps and yours is really good.
Good luck and your daycare name is just adorable!
melskids 04:33 AM 02-16-2012
Be sure to leave some business cards with your local realtors office. Anyone new moving to town is going to need childcare.

I would also call your local schools, the UPK, headstart, etc....maybe they keep a list of daycare providers for parents who ask.

Set up a table at ANY local craft fair, community event, block party, town wide yard sale, anything. You could hand out balloons, pencils, or cheap coloring books with your card attached.

Since you use a farm to table curriculum, I would take my veggies to a farmers market and promote your childcare there!
MrsB 06:27 AM 02-16-2012
Something that I just started that has helped alot is I have made "friends" with the local consignment shops. I buy alot from them for my daycare business and my own kids. Almost all of them have let me leave my business cards.

Magnets for my car

Our elementary school has a list they keep of daycare providers. They aren't allowed to do a bulletin board or pass out flyers, but when I did school agers I got alot of calls from that list. Especially at the beginning of the school year.

Carrying business cards with me at all times is really helpful. I always find a time to give one to someone whether it be PTO meeting, Girlscout meeting, Athletic event, kid birthday party, etc.

Good luck!
Fruitloops1 09:53 AM 02-16-2012
I LOVE YOUR WEBPAGE!!!! How did you make it?
You can get nice business cards to a good price at vistaprint.com
I belive the 1st order is free, all you pay is shipping.
good luck!!
Tags:advertising, interview
Reply Up