Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Drop-In Contract?
DBug 08:13 AM 07-13-2010
I've just set up an interview for a regular drop-in -- it sounds like they'd only need me when the parents' work schedules overlap by a few hours (3 or 4), and that would only happen a few times every couple of weeks. I don't mind taking them on until I get a permanent dck for that spot. But I've never taken a child as a regular drop-in -- only one-time things for friends. How do you do it? Do you have them sign a contract and do all of the same registration? And what guidelines should I use for letting me know when the child will be here (ie. how much notice should I ask for, etc).?
AmandasFCC 12:05 PM 07-13-2010
For me, my drop-ins sign the same contract (certain things like notice clearly wouldn't apply) and fill in the same registration form. Mostly the kids I've had on a drop-in basis have been waiting for a space to open up for them so it's good for them to know all the expectations.
momma2girls 05:40 AM 07-14-2010
I have a fill in contract. I do fill in or drop in daycare throughout the yr. for about 10 different families. I have my closing times and drop off times in it, my payment, which is due that first am the child is in daycare. Place in whatever else you think they should know about, only coming every once in a while.
misol 07:48 AM 07-14-2010
Originally Posted by AmandasFCC:
For me, my drop-ins sign the same contract (certain things like notice clearly wouldn't apply) and fill in the same registration form. Mostly the kids I've had on a drop-in basis have been waiting for a space to open up for them so it's good for them to know all the expectations.
Ditto here. Plus, VA licensing requires that we have all the same paperwork on file for all kids - even drop-ins.
Tags:contract, drop in care
Reply Up