Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Make it STOP!!!
NoMoreJuice! 06:26 AM 03-12-2014
I have absolutely had it with all the illness around here. All of my sick kids are getting sick, and I've been sending them home left and right.

There's one particular child I would like some expert advice on...she is 3, and I've had her for almost a year. She's been getting a runny (gushing) nose off and on since fall. It can go for weeks at a time, and this time it's been over 3 weeks!! When it started this time, she had a bad cough with it, so I sent her home on a Thursday and let her mom know she was excluded Friday. Her mom showed up Friday morning with a letter from the Dr. saying it was just allergies, and she was not contagious. So I let her stay...stupid me.

The following Monday morning three of my other kids were sick and got sent home. I told this to the mom of the girl in question and asked if perhaps the doctor was wrong, and she brushed it off as a coincidence. Since then, all the kids have been passing it back and forth and dcg hasn't stopped being sick for even one day.

I'm SO TIRED of wiping wiping wiping all day long. Does anyone have experience with this and think it really does sound like allergies? I'm exhausted, and I'm about to term but I think this is a stupid reason. Can I demand the mom take her to a different doctor? Advice, pretty please!! Thank you guys!
Tags:24/48, backbone, enforcing policies - consistency, exclusion, exclusions, provider accountability
Up