Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 03-17-2015, 04:37 AM
Unregistered

Default Advice !! The weather :(

We had another huge snow storm Sunday/Monday. Another 50 cm of snow dumped on our already huge banks of snow. I had to close yesterday as our road didn't see a plow all day until 8:30pm. The guy that clears my drive way still hasn't come which leads me to delay opening till I don't know when because he's not here. I dug through drifts on my deck steps and a small path about 1/3 down my drive way that was waist deep but I cannot do anymore. I have one parents who is very upset over this as she has to be at work at 8 and doesn't want to miss anymore (I don't blame her I don't either) but she's upset with me and there's literally nothing I can do I'm so frustrated. I told her if she wanted to climb the 4 foot banks with the kids she is more then welcome to drop them off.. What else can I do this weather has got to stop!
Old 03-17-2015, 05:27 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
We had another huge snow storm Sunday/Monday. Another 50 cm of snow dumped on our already huge banks of snow. I had to close yesterday as our road didn't see a plow all day until 8:30pm. The guy that clears my drive way still hasn't come which leads me to delay opening till I don't know when because he's not here. I dug through drifts on my deck steps and a small path about 1/3 down my drive way that was waist deep but I cannot do anymore. I have one parents who is very upset over this as she has to be at work at 8 and doesn't want to miss anymore (I don't blame her I don't either) but she's upset with me and there's literally nothing I can do I'm so frustrated. I told her if she wanted to climb the 4 foot banks with the kids she is more then welcome to drop them off.. What else can I do this weather has got to stop!
That's what I tell parents. If you can get to me, I'll take your kids. Then it's on THEM to make the decision whether or stay home or not. If you have snow that high, common sense would dictate that people probably shouldn't be driving until the roads are cleared but some people aren't so smart.
Old 03-17-2015, 09:02 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuntTami View Post
That's what I tell parents. If you can get to me, I'll take your kids. Then it's on THEM to make the decision whether or stay home or not. If you have snow that high, common sense would dictate that people probably shouldn't be driving until the roads are cleared but some people aren't so smart.
I say the same thing. I don't close for weather but if you can't get down my private dirt road without getting stuck, you most likely need to make other arrangements I have a parent who gets annoyed with it but I just explain (multiple times grrr) that I have zero control over the weather or the frquencey the road gets plowed.

Tags
None