Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>State Pay/Minute Menu question
My4SunshineGirlsNY 07:31 AM 10-07-2010
I have a parent that just got on State daycare assistance a couple of months ago, so I get paid once a month by the state. Her fee is only $5/week, the rest the state pays for.

So do I enter the state pay into Minute Menu or will I just get a W2 from the State at the end of the year?
kidkair 12:04 PM 10-07-2010
I have gotten payment from MN and WI and they issue a 1099 at the end of the year. You are not being employed by the state so you should not get a W2. I enter all the money into MM as seperate payments and make a note as to whether the state paid or the parent paid.
BentleysBands 12:30 PM 10-07-2010
can you imagine only paying $5 a week LOL...
My4SunshineGirlsNY 01:49 PM 10-07-2010
Ya, that would be nice, huh? Only $5 for child care...but she qualifies, a single mom w/ no child support.

What I did last month was add the words New York State under the mom's account and when I invoice it, I invoice the state and mark the State paid "X" amount. Then it dawned on me that maybe I shouldn't be entering it into minute menu under her account (but it invoices to New york state so it doesn't show that the mom is paying it), so that's why I asked.
Tags:minute menu kids, mmk
Reply Up