Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Expecting #2 Questions
meli829 07:43 AM 11-22-2010
We just found out we are expecting #2 in July and this has opened up a bunch of questions that I now need to find the answers to. If anyone can share their experience with any of these questions, I would love to hear I apologize for any off topic questions.

I live in Canada and last time we had a midwife and we had such a great experience and we want do go that route again, but I'm thinking they don't do home visits for regular appointments?

This probably means I need to hire a fill in for once a month and eventually twice a month for the appointments as my husband wants to be there and I cannot close on those days. I'm thinking not many people would jump at the chance to fill in for a few hours a month. (It would mostly be during nap times though to make it easier)

Also when should I tell the parents? I have a 6 month old, so I don't think any of them suspect I'm already pregnant again. I would like to wait until I'm in the second trimester to tell them. Is this ok?

I'm planning on taking two weeks off, and maybe enlisting the help of the fill-in for the 3rd and 4th week. I'm not sure 2 weeks would be enough though? It will be in the summer so I will only have 4 children as the teacher children will not be attending.

Also, any tips to getting through the days while feeling super tired and having morning sickness? Any other tips as far as things not to do etc..?
I have 3 one year olds and my DD 6 months right now so I am having to do some lifting during the day unfortunately. Any other advice?
MommyMuffin 08:04 AM 11-22-2010
Congrats! I too just found out that I am pregnant and will be due in July. I will be waiting for answers or comments too!!
meli829 08:11 AM 11-22-2010
Thanks mommymuffin and Congrats to you too!!
laundrymom 08:51 AM 11-22-2010
babies babies everywhere!!! Whoo hoo!!!!
kitkat 10:32 AM 11-22-2010
Congrats on baby #2! I'm due in March w/baby #3.

Being tired and sick is so hard to shake off...take advantage of times when you and sit and relax, especially nap time. If you are feeling really tired, just make it an easy day on yourself. When I didn't feel well I would munch throughout the day. That usually made me feel better. You might have to deal with the stares from the little ones...you know the She's-got-food-and-I-want-some stares

Do you have a relative, neighbor, or friend who might be interested in filling in for you? My mom fills in for me for my appts.

Tell your dcps when you are ready. There is no set time on when to tell. Do what you are comfortable with, but be ready with some quick answers in case you need to dodge some questions.

I can't think of any other tips right now other than remember this is your family. Don't let anyone pressure you into how much time to take or not take off. If you want more than 2 weeks off and can afford it, go for it. If you can't take it off, make sure to find help. Oh, and use the "I'm pregnant" excuse as much as you can
Tags:pregnant
Reply Up