Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Allergies
Unregistered 11:34 AM 06-26-2012
Child comes in after a 3 day weekend and parents says nose is a little bit runny. I think it is allergies.

Child has been sneezing up a storm, nose is stuffy but clear. Sneezing while napping.

Any thoughts?

No temp, but has diaper rash- not teething,

Any thoughts? No one else is sick but I sure don't want to be either!!!
Blackcat31 11:39 AM 06-26-2012
http://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/co...lergy-symptoms

This link has a chart that tells you the normal symptoms of allergies vs a cold.
My3cents 11:55 AM 06-26-2012
Cold and Allergies seem to be a lot alike.

At one point do you not let the child come to care? Or basically is it too late and the other kids and I are exposed already?

I don't want this!!! Would allergies already be going on, or come on sudden over a three day weekend.

Thanks Blackcat31

I am a reg logged out- Just wondering what everyone's policies are on this?
My3cents 11:57 AM 06-26-2012
what a ding dong.......oh well it is me. I guess I didn't log out!
Blackcat31 12:02 PM 06-26-2012
Originally Posted by My3cents:

At one point do you not let the child come to care? Or basically is it too late and the other kids and I are exposed already?

I don't want this!!! Would allergies already be going on, or come on sudden over a three day weekend.

Thanks Blackcat31

I think with a cold, you have all probably been exposed and really there is no way of knowing where it originated in the first place. I think there are literally a million ways you could pick up common cold germs....kwim?

I only exclude if the care of the child is more than I can physically manange while maintaining a sanitary environment for everyone else.

I would also exclude for a green mucusy nose after 3-4 days of it with no improvement or if the child got a temp or was just not well enough to participate in our normal daily acitivites.

what a ding dong.......oh well it is me. I guess I didn't log out!
LOL!!! No harm, no foul!
Meyou 12:12 PM 06-26-2012

Thanks Blackcat31

Allergies can come on very suddenly!!! Just last week I had to take a cab and the driver's aftershave sent me into a horrible allergy attack that lasted more than a day. I was only in the cab for 5 minutes and I rolled the window down.

If something is pollinating that the child is allergic to they can seem quite sick but once the pollinating is done they can get "better" just as quickly.
My3cents 12:15 PM 06-26-2012
yes this is basically what I do too.

I am just thinking vacation is not that far away and I just don't want to be sick!!!

I am baffled if it is a cold or allergy myself. Air conditioning?

Thank you for posting that site again- very helpful.
e.j. 05:23 PM 06-26-2012
Originally Posted by Meyou:
Allergies can come on very suddenly!!! Just last week I had to take a cab and the driver's aftershave sent me into a horrible allergy attack that lasted more than a day. I was only in the cab for 5 minutes and I rolled the window down.

If something is pollinating that the child is allergic to they can seem quite sick but once the pollinating is done they can get "better" just as quickly.
I've had the same thing happen to me. Also, weather seems to be a factor. If it's rainy and muggy, I don't seem to have nearly the same problems I do on dry, sunny days. One day I'm fine; the next day I wake up with a constantly running nose and sneezing, blocked ears, itchy skin, etc. Claritan works wonders on those days.
Tags:allergies, teething
Reply Up