Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Securing pnp
mountainside13 08:50 AM 02-20-2014
How do you suggest securing a pack n play to the wall but being able to remove after the end of the day? 20 month old almost tipped it over, I was right there and the baby wasn't in it thank goodness! I'm afraid to put the baby in there until I can find a way to secure it.

The new baby's mom want her to nap in the living room/playroom and not a separate room.

Thank you!
kelsey's kids 09:18 AM 02-20-2014
If dcb can tip it over it is time to transition to a mat. Also I would never change my nap . policy for a client if I had kids napping in the room is was trying to pick up I would never get anyting done
mountainside13 09:30 AM 02-20-2014
Originally Posted by kelsey's kids:
If dcb can tip it over it is time to transition to a mat. Also I would never change my nap . policy for a client if I had kids napping in the room is was trying to pick up I would never get anyting done
Sorry! Should clarify! 20 month old isn't in the pack n play it's for the new 3 month old baby. Since she is so young I don't mind having her sleep in the living room plus I can always have eyes on her.
kelsey's kids 09:39 AM 02-20-2014
Sorry! Should clarify! 20 month old isn't in the pack n play it's for the new 3 month old baby. Since she is so young I don't mind having her sleep in the living room plus I can always have eyes on her. [/quote]

Pnp are stable unless there is force to tip over there is no way a 3m could tip it over by themselves. Does this mom expect you to continue allowing this baby to sleep by you when older? Watch out this could be a tough transition when baby is older for you.
Crazy8 09:42 AM 02-20-2014
I would explain to the mom that it is unsafe to have the baby in a pack n play around a bunch of toddlers/preschoolers who could hang on it, tip it over, etc. and I would put baby in a nearby area.

My dining room is adjacent to my playroom, separated by a baby gate and when I've had situations where the babies are not napping upstairs (where they normally do) I would use the far corner of my dining room. I can still see and hear them (and unfortunately they can hear the other kids) but they aren't where the other kids can get to them.
jessrlee 09:49 AM 02-20-2014
Originally Posted by mountainside13:
How do you suggest securing a pack n play to the wall but being able to remove after the end of the day? 20 month old almost tipped it over, I was right there and the baby wasn't in it thank goodness! I'm afraid to put the baby in there until I can find a way to secure it.

The new baby's mom want her to nap in the living room/playroom and not a separate room.

Thank you!
Could you surround the pnp with one of those big play yard gates? Or bolt two straps to the wall that wrap around the top bar and snap?
mountainside13 09:58 AM 02-20-2014
Originally Posted by Crazy8:
I would explain to the mom that it is unsafe to have the baby in a pack n play around a bunch of toddlers/preschoolers who could hang on it, tip it over, etc. and I would put baby in a nearby area.

My dining room is adjacent to my playroom, separated by a baby gate and when I've had situations where the babies are not napping upstairs (where they normally do) I would use the far corner of my dining room. I can still see and hear them (and unfortunately they can hear the other kids) but they aren't where the other kids can get to them.
That is a great idea! It won't work for me until we get a house this summer. Right now the main level is the living room and kitchen with a second story and basement. I could gate off the kitchen but kids can't sleep in the kitchen

Originally Posted by jessrlee:
Could you surround the pnp with one of those big play yard gates? Or bolt two straps to the wall that wrap around the top bar and snap?
Wonderful idea!! I don't have a large play yard but I can get one.
Reply Up