Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>The WORST Screamer Ever - I Guess I Just Need Encouragement
Unregistered 11:38 AM 02-21-2013
Registered and regular poster but it won't let me log in right now...

I'm dealing with the worst screamer I have ever had - this is actually the first time I had to take the crib and move it into another room.

First mistake on my part: I decided to take this 11 months old one day per week - he will never get adjusted to the routine. But if this keeps going, which most likely will today will be his fourth and last day.

Anyway, this child screams, I mean SCREAM, this high pitch, ear piercing, almost tearless thing, anytime he is put in the pack and play, even for just a few minutes, doesn't matter if he has been playing on the floor for the past hour or if you rotate toys around ( I never leave kids in the pack and play for more than 20-30 minutes at the time, every few hrs, or if I need to make lunch, feed another baby, go pee or whatever...)

I have never see something like this before in 3 years of doing this, and after quite a few infants...

Now everybody is sound asleep, and this one guy is in the guest room screaming bloody murder for the past 30 minutes - he had a good lunch, his bottle, been changed and played with...

Out of desperation I event tried to rock him to sleep (which I don't do with older infants) and he wiggled, wanted to go on the floor, play, even if he is due for a nap, and he is obviously tired...

Just hoping for 4pm to come SOON!!!
Michael 11:40 AM 02-21-2013
Would you write to me at director @ daycare dot com and let me know your username so I can get you back on?
rmc20021 11:48 AM 02-21-2013
So you're the one who got my screamer???? LOL

I had a boy I got at 9 months and every single day I had him he screamed bloody murder at nap time and would not go to sleep. Once he finally did, he'd sleep maybe 20-40 minutes and before he even opened his eyes he was screaming again.

Every day I told myself it was my last week with him...but he was the only one I had for a while so I had to keep him.

One day his mom came to me and said she was taking him some place closer to her work and home and i was soooooo relieved. A couple days later she text me to see if he could come back...nope, sorry your spot has been filled.
williams2008 12:05 PM 02-21-2013
I had twins that did the same thing every single day from the time they got here until the time they left.

Just like rmc20021 I always said this was my last week with them...LOL I still have them and they still know how to scream, I'm still saying this is my last week with them, but their parents are such faithful payers I can't bring myself to let them go
wdmmom 12:11 PM 02-21-2013
I had a screamer. I put up with it for 6 months. Just as I was about to term (the following week I was going to give notice), dcm showed up at my door on an unscheduled day to pick up dcb's belongings and wrote this long note about how her schedule changed and was no longer able to accommodate my early closing on Fridays. I got my full months notice pay and he never came! DREAM COME TRUE!!
Tags:screamer
Reply Up