Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Ticked off three dcms today.....
crazydaycarelady 06:29 AM 07-31-2013
.....but only because they have unreasonable expectations!

Dcm #1 - came in while I was at the dentist and was annoyed that my assistant was here because that means her ill-behaved daughter will have a fit. Then she looked at her bill and questioned assistant about it. I very generously only charged her 1 day per week during the last month while she was on maternity leave, rather than the 3 days I should have been charging her. Apparently she thinks I'll holds spots for her toddler and infant for NOTHING!

Dcm #2 - picked her daughter up at 11:15 and was annoyed that she hadn't had lunch yet.

Dcm #3 told me last week dcb would be here Thursday only this week. No other kids scheduled for Friday so I gave my assistant the day off (I take Fridays off and my assistant runs the show that day.) Today she texts me to TELL me that dcb will be here Friday. I am NOT paying my assistant for 10 hours at $10/hr to watch one kid for $30!

*sigh* Trying to let it roll off my back and not annoy me.
SilverSabre25 06:45 AM 07-31-2013
DCM 3 I would say, "sorry, you gave me your schedule and the spot is not available that day"

DCM 2 I'd just roll my eyes.

DCM 1 needs to get a grip.

Sorry you're dealing with that. I pissed off a DCM last week because I informed her that I cannot watch her son Aug 17 (yes, that's a Saturday) because we are going out of town (for a whole two days, the horror). When this was planned they were not attending OR paying me at all. and prior to that, had taken saturdays off the table. So sorry that I attempt to have a life outside the house...she actually thinks that we will watch DCB that Saturday and leave after he does (around 5 or 6) thereby making our vacation (what there is of it) essentially nonexistant.
TheGoodLife 08:10 AM 07-31-2013
Originally Posted by crazydaycarelady:
.....but only because they have unreasonable expectations!

Dcm #1 - came in while I was at the dentist and was annoyed that my assistant was here because that means her ill-behaved daughter will have a fit. Then she looked at her bill and questioned assistant about it. I very generously only charged her 1 day per week during the last month while she was on maternity leave, rather than the 3 days I should have been charging her. Apparently she thinks I'll holds spots for her toddler and infant for NOTHING!

Dcm #2 - picked her daughter up at 11:15 and was annoyed that she hadn't had lunch yet.

Dcm #3 told me last week dcb would be here Thursday only this week. No other kids scheduled for Friday so I gave my assistant the day off (I take Fridays off and my assistant runs the show that day.) Today she texts me to TELL me that dcb will be here Friday. I am NOT paying my assistant for 10 hours at $10/hr to watch one kid for $30!

*sigh* Trying to let it roll off my back and not annoy me.
Wow to all, but I sure hope you told DCM#3 that you won't be able to watch DCB, and next time please "ask" no later than the Friday before!
Reply Up