Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 11-16-2013, 06:45 PM
Daycare.com Member

Unhappy My first termination :( maybe??

I need to know how to handle my first termination.... I wrote the post late payment mom but for those who haven't read and to go into more details.

Dcm started in August with two dcd. Since day one I have felt like I have to hunt her down for money... She will always tell me I will pay you on blank day but when that day comes no payment comes or the question is always "do you need the check right now" . I became feed up and I made a sign for my door stating payday and that there is a late fee for ever day late and after three days payment is do in the morning or the children will need to find alternative care...
Well she noticed the sign now and says I will pay you on this day and then somehow she still Tries to get out of it by sending someone else to get the kids, out of checks , the reimbursement card from their employers not working.

She should have paid me on the 14th on the 15th I reminded her of my late fee and she freaked out saying what late fee, how much is it and she needed a copy of my contract (she was given one for her on for me and I emailed her a copy). I gave her one at pick up and she said dcd was telling her to write me a check since he had the reimbursement card but she wrote me her last check last time, so would I be home for dcd to bring the card to pay me. I told her yes (pick up was5:30) dcd rings my doorbell at 9 and we try two separate times to charge the card and it was declined..

Now I am left not paid again by this family so I look at my contract again and was relieved to see I added in "provider has the right to immediately terminate this contract at any time because of late or non payment."

I am sick of the struggle I have with her. Should I give her Tuesday and terminate if not paid? Should I terminate? What would you do?
Old 11-16-2013, 07:18 PM
Daycare.com Member

I donít get the new thread. Itís the same topic, situation and parent.

If she pays you for care in advance, I would terminate care immediately. If you provide care for a couple of weeks and then get paid, Iíd give her to the evening of the 18th to pay what she owes you. The next day Iíd terminate after receiving payment.
Old 11-16-2013, 07:28 PM
Daycare.com Member

Payment should have been on the 14th, so by Monday it will have been 3 days. Per your contract, payment (with Late fees) should be paid in full Monday morning, or the children will need to find alternate care. Don't let them drop off without receiving payment. You may want to send her a message this weekend about it so she knows you are serious about it if you have been lenient in the past, but that's up to you.
Old 11-16-2013, 07:29 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidGrind View Post
I donít get the new thread. Itís the same topic, situation and parent.

If she pays you for care in advance, I would terminate care immediately. If you provide care for a couple of weeks and then get paid, Iíd give her to the evening of the 18th to pay what she owes you. The next day Iíd terminate after receiving payment.
I'd TELL her she has until Monday with three days of late fees and then as soon as I got my money, I'd term. If she pays yu two weeks ahead, that'd be yur two weeks notice. If she pays yu two weeks behind, then be done.