Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Busy Day Tomorrow!
Thriftylady 03:23 PM 05-12-2016
We have no school on Fridays for the rest of the school year. So tomorrow is our first field trip of the "summer". We are going to our local State Park. We are going to have a nature scavenger hunt while on a nature walk. We are going to compare lake water in vials to water from our water bottle with our magnifying glasses, we are going to have a lesson on grill/campfire safety so we can roast hot dogs later this summer. We will play in the sand at the "beach". And I am thinking play a game of hide and seek since there will be more and new, fun places to hide. Am I missing anything? We are taking lunch with us of course.
Snowmom 03:28 PM 05-12-2016
Wow. Sounds like fun!
Are you packing the camera?
Thriftylady 03:33 PM 05-12-2016
Originally Posted by Snowmom:
Wow. Sounds like fun!
Are you packing the camera?
Just my cell, the only camera I have right now. I am sure I will add some pics to my Facebook page for Daycare. I have been trying to post or add pics several times a week.
sharlan 04:30 PM 05-12-2016
Watch out for snakes if there are any in your area.

We had a little girl bit by a rattlesnake while on a nature hike with her daycare a couple of weeks ago.

Also had a grandmother bit while at the beach with her grandchildren.
Thriftylady 04:32 PM 05-12-2016
Originally Posted by sharlan:
Watch out for snakes if there are any in your area.

We had a little girl bit by a rattlesnake while on a nature hike with her daycare a couple of weeks ago.

Also had a grandmother bit while at the beach with her grandchildren.
Thanks for the reminder. I don't think it has really been warm enough long enough for them to come out yet but I don't really know.
CalCare 05:07 PM 05-12-2016
Look under rocks for bugs? Maybe bring vials and such for bugs and worms like you are doing for the water.. Also you can play standard out door games like 'Mr fox, what time is it', mother may I, the one with the four corners whatever that's called lol..? Just some thoughts. Maybe bring a clip board with paper and pencil attached for each child to do the observations on the water and bugs.
CalCare 05:08 PM 05-12-2016
Can you get field books from the library? Like the bird one (Audubon society or something) that shows all the birds pics and info so the kids can identify them.
Thriftylady 06:08 PM 05-12-2016
Originally Posted by CalCare:
Look under rocks for bugs? Maybe bring vials and such for bugs and worms like you are doing for the water.. Also you can play standard out door games like 'Mr fox, what time is it', mother may I, the one with the four corners whatever that's called lol..? Just some thoughts. Maybe bring a clip board with paper and pencil attached for each child to do the observations on the water and bugs.
We are taking our journals to write some findings as our writing for the day. We did our first journal entry last Friday, as soon as school is out, I hope to do something in them every day. I did think of bugs we are starting to see some. Will have to see if we find any we can catch.
Thriftylady 12:08 PM 05-13-2016
So we have been home an hour, and I have made them all lay down for a bit of down time. They were to be having some free play time while I catch up on some paperwork and such. But they won't quit fighting! I mean a little squabble among them here and there is normal but this has been awful. Almost makes me not want to take them on any more field trips! I am sure it is that they are tired. But geez!!!!
Tags:busy
Reply Up