Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Raising Rates
mac60 05:38 AM 05-22-2009
For home providers, do you ever raise rates on existing families, especially those who have been with you for 2 to 5 years. Or do you keep the same rate for as long as you have the child fulltime.

I know that centers raise their rates, some yearly. It is getting hard with the cost of everything having went up so much in the past 1 1/2 years to survive this business without raising rates.
tymaboy 08:14 AM 05-23-2009
I put it the contract that rates could raise each yr. This last yr I did not raise them for my existing families, I might have if they caused my headaches but the families I have are great right now. I did raise rates for any new families that I may take in.

I find that being on the food program help a lot with the cost. It may not reimburse you for the full amount that you pay but it is better then nothing.
Rockwellmom 08:39 PM 05-25-2009
I have my contract that is good for 2 years. After those 2 years, I make the parents resign the contract with the new rates, rules, etc. I do raise them a little because they are getting raises at their job and with the cost of living going up, I also need to be paid a little extra. My parents have never complained.
Best of luck
Reply Up