Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Not Sure What to Charge...?
mainemomma 10:35 AM 06-22-2010
So last school year I watched a little 5 year old who was in the K-4 program and I cared for from 10:15am to 3pm, during which he napped from 1-3. I charged $15.00 a day/$75.00 week. So mom works for the school system so I dont have him this summer till school starts back up in September..so my question..he will be in Kindergarten and will get off the bus with the big kids at 2:45..mom will pick him up by 3:30 - what would you charge for 45 minutes or less of care a day? I was thinking $5.00 a day for $25.00 a week? Is that fair to both mom and me you think?

Thanks for any input!
safechner 10:55 AM 06-22-2010
If I were you, I would check around daycare centers and home daycare to see how much they charge after school care.

About 5 years ago, my old provider only watched my daughter for less than 45 mins per day so she charged me $10 a day which I paid $50 a week.
momma2girls 01:24 PM 06-22-2010
I normally charge $50.00/week for before and after school. Last yr. I wa only charging $5.00 a day for before or after school- this to me was totally not worth $25.00/wk. I did increase it to $30.00 per week for before or after school. I personally don't even think $50.00 is worth it either, but I have to do some research on that one.
momofboys 02:36 PM 06-22-2010
Originally Posted by mainemomma:
So last school year I watched a little 5 year old who was in the K-4 program and I cared for from 10:15am to 3pm, during which he napped from 1-3. I charged $15.00 a day/$75.00 week. So mom works for the school system so I dont have him this summer till school starts back up in September..so my question..he will be in Kindergarten and will get off the bus with the big kids at 2:45..mom will pick him up by 3:30 - what would you charge for 45 minutes or less of care a day? I was thinking $5.00 a day for $25.00 a week? Is that fair to both mom and me you think?

Thanks for any input!
I would call some centers in your area to see what they charge. You will be surprised I guarantee. I live in a small town & both centers in my area charge $75 for B & A care. So $25 is small peanuts. I used to charge a small rate for this but upped mine to $40 for B & A or $8 a day. You can also factor in how much time you will have the chidl in your care. For me it was close to 3 hrs a day which is still a good chunk of time for a school-ager.
Tags:rate, rate increase
Reply Up