Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Does Two Weeks Notice Mean
daycare 05:14 PM 06-09-2011
When someone is part time lets say they come 2 days a week. In you PHB it states that the parent or provider must submit a two week writen notice to cancel the contract.

By the above statement is that two weeks as in 14 calendar days, 14 business days or is it 14 days of service? I think there is a lot of grey area here???

How do you read this? What would you expect from this?
snbauser 05:18 PM 06-09-2011
I have always considered it to be 14 calendar days.
Cat Herder 05:26 PM 06-09-2011
Originally Posted by snbauser:
I have always considered it to be 14 calendar days.
Same here.
Mike Lassiter 05:32 PM 06-09-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
When someone is part time lets say they come 2 days a week. In you PHB it states that the parent or provider must submit a two week writen notice to cancel the contract.

By the above statement is that two weeks as in 14 calendar days, 14 business days or is it 14 days of service? I think there is a lot of grey area here???

How do you read this? What would you expect from this?
I think the 2 weeks would be meant to be this: 2 weeks Monday through Friday. While I agree in part 2 weeks is 14 days; I think you would expect "business" to be conducted during normal business days. If you are "opened" Saturday and Sunday it wouldn't be inappropriate to call you on those days. If you are "open" Monday-Friday that is the days any business is conducted.
Now I realize many of you operate out of your home; and may have phone calls or emails exchanged on days you are officially not open. I really believe if you are considering yourselves to be running a business that you expect to do so during time times you have established as your hours of operation.
I can see argument for 5 days and 7 days; but do you really want people contacting you 24/7?
sharlan 05:36 PM 06-09-2011
IMHO, 2 weeks is 14 calendar days.
AfterSchoolMom 05:47 PM 06-09-2011
I'd go with two weeks of business days.
Abigail 05:53 PM 06-09-2011
By 14 days of service, do you mean 14 days you provide care to this part time family? LOL, that would be nearly a 2-month notice if that's the case. I consider a two weeks notice just that, two weeks. June 1-June 14 is two weeks.
Cat Herder 06:22 PM 06-09-2011
The last two weeks of the contract is miserable enough...why would a sane person want to extend that to 7 weeks of Tuesdays and Thursdays???
VTMom 06:47 PM 06-09-2011
Agreed with the above... 2 weeks is 14 days.
Meyou 07:46 AM 06-10-2011
2 weeks is 14 days for me too. Two calender weeks.
daycare 07:52 AM 06-10-2011
Thanks ladies. This is how I have it written and this is how I understand it as well. 14 calendar days...

Of course my issue family that is leaving right now tried to pull on me that two weeks notice was 14 days of service...........Umm NO it's not. I just wanted to make sure that with the words that I chose to use, that it made clear sense.

Thanks for all of the responses....
Meyou 08:12 AM 06-10-2011
That family is insane....
sharlan 09:13 AM 06-10-2011
Since you have the kids 2 days a week, that would be 7 weeks. Um,no, I don't think so.

Get this family out of your house now. They create too much drama and you are being sucked into it.
daycare 09:18 AM 06-10-2011
Originally Posted by sharlan:
Since you have the kids 2 days a week, that would be 7 weeks. Um,no, I don't think so.

Get this family out of your house now. They create too much drama and you are being sucked into it.
trust me, their final days can not come soon enough. I am tired of putting out the fires... If its not one thing its something else. Next week is their last week. They have already paid me half of what they were supposed to, so I have to hold up my end of the contract....BUT if one more thing happens, I am going to tell them Im done and I won't refund a penny...
wdmmom 09:25 AM 06-10-2011
If this is the same family that isn't paying the last day because they won't be there AND wants the free date night, they clearly ignorant!
daycare 09:31 AM 06-10-2011
Originally Posted by wdmmom:
If this is the same family that isn't paying the last day because they won't be there AND wants the free date night, they clearly ignorant!
YUP...... you guessed it!!!
wdmmom 09:44 AM 06-10-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
YUP...... you guessed it!!!

OMG!

Who do they think they are???

You need to tell them NO and wash your hands of this situation before they come up with some more crazy, convoluted ideas!!!
Tags:two week notice
Reply Up