Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Anyone apply for CACFP Mini-grant?
Mom2Two 01:01 PM 06-28-2016
There were some $250 grants from the CACFP to be used to promote health and physical fitness. I applied on a long shot, since I have an expensive PE project underway in my backyard, and just got the email that my application wasn't accepted. Oh well.

Did anyone else on here apply? What were your plans for the grant? Did anyone get one?
LittleScholars 06:21 AM 06-29-2016
I did! I also didn't receive it. I'm a newer provider, and was planning to use it to build out our outdoor play space in specific ways outlined in the application. I took the Eat Well, Play Hard courses offered here, but no luck!
daycarediva 10:25 AM 06-29-2016
I applied as well but haven't heard. I was going to use it towards an outdoor picnic area and music wall.
Mom2Two 01:06 PM 06-29-2016
Well I guess we were all thinking of outdoor projects. Mine was a boardwalk path around the back lawn for the kids to ride trikes/scooters on. We live on a busy street, so even supervised I don't allow the kids to play out the front. We are still going ahead with the project, but the $250 would have made it easier. 6" x 8' decking planks are soooo expensive, like $18 each.
Pepperth 03:50 AM 06-30-2016
I did, and didn't get it either. I was going to use to to join a local farm's CSA. I knew it was a long shot, but I had visions of getting produce boxes and opening them with the daycare kids. Then we'd all come up with some fun ways to try new and different vegetables. It was going to be like Christmas, lol.
Reply Up