Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Vent
Ariana 10:39 AM 12-13-2011
Sorry I'm venting!!!

A child was dropped off to me with a pretty bad cold and after an hour I noticed her cheeks were very red and rashy. Called mom and she came and got her but told me she had this cheek rash off and on all weekend. Told me it was from her cold. WHAT?? Who ever heard of a cheek rash with a cold? This is not the first time this child has had a cold at daycare but the first time she's ever had a cheek rash so what is this mom talking about? Does she think I'm stupid? Why do some parents insist on exposing other children in care to this stuff?

I told her she could not return without a DR's note. I'm thinking it might be Fifth's Disease. UGH. Double UGH!!!!
lil angels 10:45 AM 12-13-2011
I had a parent tell me once that they thought they would just drop them off and wait to see if I call!! they thought she may have not been feeling well so thought they would give it a shot and if I called they would come get her.some people.
Ariana 11:37 AM 12-13-2011
Originally Posted by lil angels:
I had a parent tell me once that they thought they would just drop them off and wait to see if I call!! they thought she may have not been feeling well so thought they would give it a shot and if I called they would come get her.some people.
This particular mom has told me this quite a bit this month. "she seems fine but call if you need to". ugh.
Meyou 01:05 PM 12-13-2011
Are you sure it's not a rash from drool and mucous? My kids both have sensitive skin and would break out in a rash that looked like diaper rash on their faces from the secretions almost every cold. I've had a couple of dck's with sensitive skin and drooling or runny noses with the same rash.
dave4him 01:07 PM 12-13-2011
I have seen cheek rash before, not sure what the cause was
LittleD 02:47 PM 12-13-2011
one little that I have had a runny nose so bad that the cheeks were ''burnt''. Either from the boogers or excessive wiping, I'm not sure, but it did clear up as the runny nose did
Ariana 04:18 PM 12-13-2011
I'm not sure what the rash is which is why she needs to see a DR. Having had this child in my care for over a year and through many many colds, including one 2 months ago I've never seen her have a cheek rash. This is why it was a "red flag" for me.

I'm really hoping it's nothing but the only way I can describe the rash is to say it looked like an allergic reaction. Raised bumps and red.
Tags:parents - are clueless, sick policy, vent
Reply Up