Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant HiMama Childcare App

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 08-03-2010, 09:30 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default Starting in a Month! Not Sure Where to Start!

I am thinking about opening my daycare in September. So far I have bought some supplies and almost done with my handbook and policies. What do I do next? I have no one to help me and don't know where to start. Do I get all the materials (toys and equipment) and contracts ready first and then promote my business? Any suggestions on how to start? Anything helps!! Thank You for your time ladies!
Old 08-04-2010, 06:09 AM
New Daycare.com Member

Start promoting your business now. Get business cards and flyers.
Are you going to get licensed?
Old 08-04-2010, 08:07 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Definately start promoting and interviewing - do flyers in the neighborhood, advertise on any free websites / flyers in stores etc - it takes awhile to get families to interview and sign up...

Are you licensed ? Did you get your license and do all that is required for that ? While promoting etc start shopping..get all supplies - cots / cribs / toys / dishes / art supplies / bibs - everything you can think of.

All paperwork done - I have A LOT of paperwork I make the families sign - Emergency contacts, health info, baby/child info / contract / sick policy / travel permission / thats all I can think of right now.

Do you have policies set up ? Get those set up, rates, when payment is due, late fees / hours / what you supply what you want them to bring...

Lots to do ! Took me between 6-12 months to set up and fully enroll my daycare.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:27 AM
Daycare.com Member

Yes, I am licensed in State of MN. I have bought some things but not done yet. I am almost done with my policies, any other suggestions on starting and interviewing? I'm clueless on what to do, this is so much harder than I thought! THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU HELP!!

Tags
contracts, handbook, policies, supplies