Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant HiMama Childcare App

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 09-05-2017, 08:43 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default Slowly Losing My Mind

I have a 5 month old who seriously has been crying nonstop since 8am this morning. First day today. Won't sleep. Won't eat. Very, very wobbly. Doesn't sit or hold head well at all. Not all that unusual, but very wobbly head.

I contacted dcm to see what I'm missing. Apparently dcb is either in a stroller ot being held all day He is inconsolable. He has never been without her for an hour even. He has awful tummy issues and is on that super expensive formula, Nutragim (or whatever it is). He spits up buckets.

Stress level = high. If you have advice I will take it. Otherwise I'm just here venting. It will be a long few weeks/months until he gets adjusted.

Maybe I should do half days with him for awhile?
Old 09-05-2017, 09:11 AM
Daycare.com Member

Do you have other children?I would put him in stroller and take a walk.It helps to get outside especially for other kids.I also had a swing that reclined for infants like that.It is so difficult when parents do not prepare their child for group care.Hope the day goes fast for you.
Old 09-05-2017, 11:02 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosieteddy View Post
Do you have other children?I would put him in stroller and take a walk.It helps to get outside especially for other kids.I also had a swing that reclined for infants like that.It is so difficult when parents do not prepare their child for group care.Hope the day goes fast for you.
10 other ones today but I do have an assistant. Thankfully it is naptime and everyone except one is sleeping. Which I gave to the assistant

Time for some fudge.
Old 09-05-2017, 11:07 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by midaycare View Post
10 other ones today but I do have an assistant. Thankfully it is naptime and everyone except one is sleeping. Which I gave to the assistant

Time for some fudge.
Thank goodness for small favors!

How is it going with your first day otherwise??

I say stroller and a LONG walk are in order to save your sanity. Poor kiddo, mom did not prepare him well at all.
Old 09-05-2017, 12:12 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daycarediva View Post
Thank goodness for small favors!

How is it going with your first day otherwise??

I say stroller and a LONG walk are in order to save your sanity. Poor kiddo, mom did not prepare him well at all.
I think it is okay. I had both assistants here for the morning just because I knew so many new parents and kids would be crazy.

It will be great when everyone gets into a "flow". I'm not used to explaining things to assistants. I'm thinking, well duh, it's 11:00, we go outside now. But obviously they don't know that! And when the littles adjust I think it might even be...dare I say it...fun? But that is a few weeks to a month away.
Old 09-05-2017, 04:31 PM
starting daycare someday

Quote:
I think it is okay. I had both assistants here for the morning just because I knew so many new parents and kids would be crazy.

It will be great when everyone gets into a "flow". I'm not used to explaining things to assistants. I'm thinking, well duh, it's 11:00, we go outside now. But obviously they don't know that! And when the littles adjust I think it might even be...dare I say it...fun? But that is a few weeks to a month away.
I doubt it will take that long for everyone to get used to how everything works.
Old 09-05-2017, 04:37 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Hang in there! Hopefully it gets better
Old 09-05-2017, 06:29 PM
Daycare.com Member

I had a 3 month old start with me in August and for two weeks I thought I'd lose my mind. He has severe allergies to milk and soy so he is on a special amino acids only formula. He is an only child and was held nonstop prior to coming to my daycare. He would scream nonstop if I put him down for any reason at all. If he fell asleep and then I laid him down he would wake writhing 2-4 minutes and scream nonstop again. He spits up a lot and he has horrible gas issues. For the tummy issues we use Gripe Water which helps a little but not as much as I'd like. I couldn't get him to sleep at all unless he was being held by me and even then it was a challenge. I ended up getting him a Halo Swaddle Sleep Sack. I put it on him as soon as he arrived and he stayed in it all day. He instantly relaxed and began getting used to being away from Mom and used to me not being able to hold him all day. Now, 4 weeks later he is sleeping and playing on his own the majority of the time and most days we don't even have to use the swaddle sack anymore. There must be something comforting about it that helped though because he changed into a totally new baby right off the bat. Just seemed to give him a sense of security.
Old 09-06-2017, 03:03 AM
Daycare.com Member

Wishing you good luck in developing a quick routine that makes everybody happy!!
I honestly don't know how everyone does it.
I've had my sweet almost 1 yo since she was 7 weeks old but she's now a cling-on, crying all the time for me to pick her up or sit on the floor with her. Then a sweet little 3 mo started last week, had an excellent first week but yesterday was fussy and needed much more TLC. Then my 4 yo who is strong willed and just is not very nice to everyone, was totally off the wall yesterday(TG she starts prek today!) so with just those 3(had 3 others but they were pretty good)I felt like I was always 5 steps behind and couldn't do anything with anyone.

Better days ahead for everybody!!!!
Old 09-06-2017, 08:13 AM
Daycare.com Member

No advice but this seems to be how all the kids i keep getting are. I'm so over the hours of crying a day.
Old 09-06-2017, 11:13 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:

I hope it flies by for you!

and jenboo- toddlers and young preschoolers, too.

Tags
crying - all day, overwhelmed