Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant HiMama Childcare App

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 09-26-2019, 05:15 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default Late Fee Advice

I need advice on how to handle DCM that was late picking up their child. Itís stated in my contract that you must call or text before your pick up time or late fees will be added to your weekly payment. She was in a rush when picking up so I didnít get a chance to mention it to her. Should I mention it tomorrow or because itís in the contract just let her know Iím adding it to her weekly fee?
Old 09-26-2019, 05:30 PM
Daycare.com Member

I would tell her in the am it will be added to her weekly fee . You do not work for free.
Old 09-26-2019, 09:04 PM
Daycare.com Member

"I was getting your weekly fee added up for next week and was wondering if you were planning on being late in the future? I will add it to your weekly fee next week for yesterday but wanted to remind you that you need to get ahold of me and ask/let me know you will be late. I'm sure you can understand the need for the communication to be sure I do not have to leave right at closing time." Etc.

Informs her, relates/appeals to common sense and communicates that she will have an added fee for yesterday.
Old 09-27-2019, 06:44 AM
Daycare.com Member

I always let the first time slide.I used it as a Segway to communicate.Dear Parent I am waiving the late fee from yesterday.However going forward you are reminded of our contract policy.(then insert policy).Please be advised that a fee will be added next time.Thankyou .I actually changed the policy eventually to be a fee of 20. dollars cash at pick up or next morning before drop off.They stopped being late pretty quick.
Old 09-27-2019, 07:04 AM
New Daycare.com Member

We charge $1.00 per minute if they pick up past 6:00pm
Old 09-27-2019, 07:07 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

I text them the night before payday with their amount owing adding the late fee.

ďPayment for tomorrow will be $X to account for late fees accrued on Wednesday. Thanks and have a good weekendĒ.
Old 09-27-2019, 07:16 AM
Daycare.com Member

I have a late fee slip and usually hand it over the next morning. On the slip, it says "as outlined in your contract, late fees apply X and will be immediately charged to your account. Repeated lateness will result in termination of your contract."

I don't let ANY late fees slide because I don't DO late. I have commitments too and I won't keep a family who doesn't respect my time. Yes, I have terminated for lateness.
Old 09-27-2019, 08:15 AM

Late pick up fees are due...in cash...before drop off the next morning.
Old 09-27-2019, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeko View Post
Late pick up fees are due...in cash...before drop off the next morning.
Same

Starbucks gift cards also accepted.
Old 09-27-2019, 11:17 AM
New Daycare.com Member

Anytime I have something Iím kind of afraid to say to a parent that deals with rules I just take a picture of the handbook page it pertains to and text it with a short blurb like ďper page (#) of the handbook blank daycare charges $1 per minute past closing time (or whatever your rule is). Last night you were (minutes) past 6:00 incurring a late fee of $ which is now due (date you want it).
Old 09-27-2019, 11:19 AM
New Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowmom View Post
I have a late fee slip and usually hand it over the next morning. On the slip, it says "as outlined in your contract, late fees apply X and will be immediately charged to your account. Repeated lateness will result in termination of your contract."

I don't let ANY late fees slide because I don't DO late. I have commitments too and I won't keep a family who doesn't respect my time. Yes, I have terminated for lateness.
Iím like this too. It reeeeallllyyy burns me up when people are late to pick up! I terminate after 3 offenses-no matter the excuses.
Old 09-27-2019, 12:50 PM

I tell parents at interview that late pick up is a major sin as far as I'm concerned.

My daughter's senior year, she was asked to sing the National Anthem at the Homecoming game.

I told all parents that they MUST pick up by six as I had to rush to the stadium (just down the hill from our house)

A DCD decided to get a drink on the way home and the drive-thru was slow. He arrived 15 minutes late with no apology and I missed my daughter singing. A moment I can never get back. I termed because the dad seemed like it was no big deal.
Old 09-28-2019, 10:50 AM
New Daycare.com Member

We had a parent that was late SEVERAL times at our center and eventually they moved and When they came to pick up, she would pay her late fee and stand there and talk for 10 minutes.

Tags
enforcing policies - consistency, late fee policy