Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 12-12-2013, 09:08 PM
Unregistered

Default Northern Virginia Providers

Is anyone located in northern Virginia? I am a provider, thinking of relocating and curious about rates? I have poked around online, looking at ads on Craigslist and such and it seems like about $250 per week is average for full day daycare? Is this accurate? This seems too good to be true to me. Lol. I live in Southern California now and it isn't even that much here. I am also curious about the ratio. It looks like 1:8 for preschool age? I only do preschool age. Between that and the rate, that could mean some amazing income. VA providers, is this accurate? Thanks!
Old 12-12-2013, 09:34 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is anyone located in northern Virginia? I am a provider, thinking of relocating and curious about rates? I have poked around online, looking at ads on Craigslist and such and it seems like about $250 per week is average for full day daycare? Is this accurate? This seems too good to be true to me. Lol. I live in Southern California now and it isn't even that much here. I am also curious about the ratio. It looks like 1:8 for preschool age? I only do preschool age. Between that and the rate, that could mean some amazing income. VA providers, is this accurate? Thanks!
I'm not in virginia but now thinking about moving. Max here is 5 kids total period and average rates are about $80 a week lol
Old 12-12-2013, 09:56 PM
Unregistered

Lol. I have basically my whole family there and I am going through a divorce, so my reasons to relocate are more than financial, but if those rates are accurate, count me in! Lol. Here the going rate is $150-$175 per week, which is good. Cost of living there is about the same as here, so if the rates are accurate, that could be a great income!
Old 12-12-2013, 09:59 PM
Daycare.com Member

A DCF of mine mentioned they paid $1200 per month for 3 days a week. They were receiving care in Northern Virginia. I hope this helps answer your question.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:16 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidGrind View Post
A DCF of mine mentioned they paid $1200 per month for 3 days a week. They were receiving care in Northern Virginia. I hope this helps answer your question.
That is just crazy!... Or awesome, depending on whose perspective you are looking at it from. lol. Thank you for the input.
Old 12-13-2013, 06:55 AM
Daycare.com Member

I live in Northern Va and my 2014 rate is 280, 52 weeks of payments, no part timers, and I have never had a spot sit open for more than a week.

There is a HUGE demand for care in this area, and not a lot of quality home providers. In my zip code there are 7 licensed providers, and a population of 27,841.

I'm about 15 minutes from DC, but I know in places closer (Like Alexandria) the home daycare rates are over $300/week.

HTH, and PM me if you want more info.

ETA: That I didn't mean only licensed providers are "quality providers". Just that I can only see a listing of licensed providers, not a listing of unlicensed. There are probably about 5-10 unlicensed providers.
Old 12-13-2013, 07:22 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

My sister lives in Northern VA and she is in the process of opening a home childcare. She called around a bit, and said her local rates are around $250-$280 a week as well.

That's almost twice what I get here.
Old 12-13-2013, 01:48 PM
Unregistered

Wow. That is good to hear too. I would be right outside of DC... not sure exactly what area, but it sounds like a good business to be in in that area.
Old 12-14-2013, 11:20 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Wow. That is good to hear too. I would be right outside of DC... not sure exactly what area, but it sounds like a good business to be in in that area.
Just keep in mind that the COL is quite high. Our traditional 70's style split foyer home cost over 530k. So it really does even out.

Tags
virginia member