Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>DCM Mad Because I Was Lenient?!
EchoMom 08:52 PM 08-22-2012
So I see why the veteran providers come across so strict, it's true, it doesn't pay to be nice! So I've now handed out my second ever fee. This time for a late payment fee. Payment is due at drop off time of first contracted day of care...

DCM keeps forgetting to bring me check at drop off, keeps bringing check at pick up... Okay fine, no biggie, not much difference between pick up or drop off time so didn't mind...

Other day she tells me she forgot her purse somewhere else so would I like the check late tonight in my mailbox, or the next morning in the mailbox. (BOTH are late really, like how she gave me two options both of which I didn't like but I was quick enough on my feet to catch it!) Anyway, I said tonight in the mailbox. Said it like three times tonight tonight tonight.

Sure enough, I check the mailbox at 10:35pm before going to bed, no check. Check in the morning and got a text from her at 7am saying check in the mailbox. I told her that night NOT the next day. So, I gave her a note with a late payment fee of $10.

She got mad at me and texted me saying "I'm confused is this the only fee I owe you, because it's happened before and you didn't charge me. If I'd known you were going to charge me I would have gone and got my purse."

UGH!!!! UGH!!! GRRR!!! First of all, you DID know I'd charge you when you signed the contract and we went over it! Second, if you had the ability to go get your purse and pay me, you should have, it's rude to not pay me, I shouldn't have to beg and wait for my own paycheck! Third, she even said herself she's been late before.

Oh don't worry DCM, there won't be any further confusion, I'll be sure not to let you slide anymore, I'll charge you everytime from now on.

.... I HATE this part of the job, WHY do they have to force my hand I don't WANT to be mean, I don't WANT drama, and I don't WANT people mad at me!!!!
Up