Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Scheduling Immunizations
hgonzalez 11:59 AM 09-29-2017
Do any of you fellow providers have it in your policies that children cannot return to your daycare right after having immunizations?

In other words, do you require parents to schedule those appointments for a time when they can go home for the remainder of the day (afternoon)?

What is the wording on this policy?

TIA!
LysesKids 12:11 PM 09-29-2017
Originally Posted by hgonzalez:
Do any of you fellow providers have it in your policies that children cannot return to your daycare right after having immunizations?

In other words, do you require parents to schedule those appointments for a time when they can go home for the remainder of the day (afternoon)?

TIA!
I ask that they try and schedule on Friday afternoons so they can watch for reactions over the weekend & not miss as much work; Of course if scheduled on another day , I exclude for 24 hrs after, AGAIN because I don't want the liability of a reaction to a VAX. My own kids had issues & I don't want to be calling 911 because of someone elses child
hwichlaz 12:39 PM 09-29-2017
Originally Posted by LysesKids:
I ask that they try and schedule on Friday afternoons so they can watch for reactions over the weekend & not miss as much work; Of course if scheduled on another day , I exclude for 24 hrs after, AGAIN because I don't want the liability of a reaction to a VAX. My own kids had issues & I don't want to be calling 911 because of someone elses child
Same. Almost lost my oldest to her first round. Been very cautious ever since.
springv 11:00 AM 09-30-2017
We don't have a policy regarding children receiving immunizations but usually our parents do take their kids home after but that's something to consider��
Ariana 06:15 AM 10-02-2017
I don't have a policy personally and as long as they do not present with symptoms requiring exclusion they are free to come.

The only time I had an issue was when a half day child who had been sick with a 105 fever the previous week and had been admitted to hospital came and had just received his shots. I had to put him down for his nap an hour later. I did not think parents were this dumb but apparently they do exist. I almost refused care and they could tell I was not happy but he did stay and was fine.
Blackcat31 08:41 AM 10-02-2017
Originally Posted by hgonzalez:

TIA!
"All children are excluded from care for 48 hours after receiving any immunizations.

Please schedule your child's appointments on a Friday or on a day your child is not scheduled to attend child care for the 48 hours/2 days afterwards.

There are no exceptions to this rule. Failure to be transparent in regards to immunization dates may result in immediate termination of services."

Tags:immunizations
Reply Up