Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>art success
mamamanda 05:08 PM 04-09-2015
So after soliciting advice about art supplies I decided to give open ended art a try with my group today. I chose a day & time when I just had two kids awake & I offered an "art basket" with paint dotters, crayons, colored paper, stickers, colored popsicle sticks, cotton balls, scissors, & glue. I explained the rules (clean up your mess & only paint/cut/glue the materials & not the walls) & said have fun. 1.5 hours later they were still happily entertained, sharing & working together, & loving it! Craft time is forever changed here! Thanks for your suggestions! I'm kind of excited to try it with my other kids next week.
Thriftylady 05:10 PM 04-09-2015
Yay for the success!
nothingwithoutjoy 05:34 PM 04-09-2015
Yay!!! I'm so happy for you and your kids!
Josiegirl 02:36 AM 04-10-2015
Cool! Sounds like they had a blast.
Blackcat31 06:43 AM 04-10-2015
Originally Posted by mamamanda:
So after soliciting advice about art supplies I decided to give open ended art a try with my group today. I chose a day & time when I just had two kids awake & I offered an "art basket" with paint dotters, crayons, colored paper, stickers, colored popsicle sticks, cotton balls, scissors, & glue. I explained the rules (clean up your mess & only paint/cut/glue the materials & not the walls) & said have fun. 1.5 hours later they were still happily entertained, sharing & working together, & loving it! Craft time is forever changed here! Thanks for your suggestions! I'm kind of excited to try it with my other kids next week.

Reply Up