Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Well Now, I Think This Is A Licensing Violation...
Miss A 07:14 AM 09-06-2016
This was on my local news this morning. It is not in my state, thank goodness!

http://www.kwwl.com/story/33021884/2...=facebook_KWWL
spedmommy4 07:27 AM 09-06-2016
Wow! On this topic, I live in a state that recently legalized marijuana. The recent revisions to our licensing regulations state that providers cannot be a grower or hold a medical marijuana card. Guess they didn't want to see anything like this on the news here . . .
mommyneedsadayoff 07:39 AM 09-06-2016
Why on earth are they running a daycare when they have millions worth of mj? Daycare is hard! I wouldn't do it if my other business is netting a cool million!
Mariahsaint 07:41 AM 09-06-2016
Originally Posted by mommyneedsadayoff:
Why on earth are they running a daycare when they have millions worth of mj? Daycare is hard! I wouldn't do it if my other business is netting a cool million!
They need to laundry all of that money, somehow! It's kinda like in Breaking Bad when they run the car wash.
mommyneedsadayoff 07:42 AM 09-06-2016
Ha! Good point!
Pestle 09:09 AM 09-06-2016
Originally Posted by Mariahsaint:
They need to laundry all of that money, somehow! It's kinda like in Breaking Bad when they run the car wash.
I was assuming they used the kids as reverse-paid labor. You know: You till the soil, scatter the seeds, water the seedlings, apply fertilizer, harvest the plants . . . and I'll charge your parents by the hour for it.
daycarediva 09:17 AM 09-06-2016
1. There is NO way that they had 600 plants growing in your typical suburban back yard, they get HUGE and would easily tower over any privacy fencing- they also smell VERY strongly when full grown.

2. 600 plants is not even close to a million dollars. MAYBE 200,000, if they all get full yield AND they sell it in small quantities which no major distributor will mess with.

My cousin is a legal grower in a legal state and runs a legal dispensary. He nets about $200-250/plant,(depending on strain, sold in bulk) and he needed a commercial building with 20ft ceilings because how tall the plants get.
284878 11:47 AM 09-06-2016
Retirement! 😂
284878 11:55 AM 09-06-2016
I had a co-worker at my last job that was a dealer. His plan at 18 was to sell and keep the money for early retirement at thirty. Eventually he quit smoking weed turned himself into human resources as a addict. They had a policy that if you turned yourself in and got help you got to keep your job. But if you got caught or failed a random drug test you were gone no Second Chances. He is now over 30 and has not retired yet. Last I knew he felt it was okay 2 smoke it in a gathering but never by himself. He has also gotten a permit 2 grow medical purposes.
hwichlaz 03:05 PM 09-07-2016
My daycare parents notice the smell.......but it's not mine.

The entire town smells of MJ when it's close to harvest time.
Blackcat31 07:50 AM 09-06-2016
Originally Posted by Miss A:
This was on my local news this morning. It is not in my state, thank goodness!

http://www.kwwl.com/story/33021884/2...=facebook_KWWL
A previous thread on the same subject

https://www.daycare.com/forum/showth...d=1#post605676
Tags:cultural differences, cultural diversity, debate, education, interesting, marijuana
Reply Up