Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Strange Rash That Quickly Disappears?
daycarekay 07:53 AM 02-13-2015
I'm mostly a lurker but I'm really concerned about a rash going through my toddler room. My director (I'm at a center) thinks it is strange and has been sending pictures to the parents, but no children are being sent home or to the doctor and it seems like it is spreading. We originally thought it was some sort of food allergy, but I don't agree because it wouldn't be happening to 4 kids and counting. The rash looks like a mosquito bite, sometimes small and sometimes pretty large. They appear and then disappear after 15-20 minutes, appearing again in a different spot. They can also look like raised scratches, almost how you would expect a cat scratch to look. They occur everywhere, but mostly on the hands, lower arms, and face. Google tells me it could be some kind of virus, but none of the kids have been sent to the doctor so who knows.

My phone will only let me upload one picture. This is one of the larger hives. Sometimes they are small and round, sometimes large and blotchy. They are always white and raised and surrounded by red, irritated looking skin. They don't seem to bother the kids.

I just wondered if anyone has any experience with anything like this? None of us have seen anything like it before.
Attached: image.jpg (63.4 KB) 
Up