Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>White Stool
daycare 01:06 PM 03-01-2011
so today I went to help DCK wipe after going #2 and the stool was white.. all of it.. she went 4 times before lunch and all were the same way..

I looked online and it stated that it could be liver or blockage and many other very harmful things...

I am just wondering if any of you have ever experienced this with one of your DCK or own children.

if so what was it or what caused it?? any thoughts or advice?
SilverSabre25 01:22 PM 03-01-2011
Never experienced, but I think it warrants a call to the parents, ASAP! And get a doctor's note before letting her back into care, mostly to PROVE that she's been seen for it.
kendallina 01:31 PM 03-01-2011
I would call the parents immediately as well. Hope everything's okay with the little one!
daycare 01:32 PM 03-01-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
so today I went to help DCK wipe after going #2 and the stool was white.. all of it.. she went 4 times before lunch and all were the same way..

I looked online and it stated that it could be liver or blockage and many other very harmful things...

I am just wondering if any of you have ever experienced this with one of your DCK or own children.

if so what was it or what caused it?? any thoughts or advice?
I did leave a voice mail message for mom... bad part is that these parents never want to listen to my advice that i offer.. sucks.... the kid is always sick too...

maybe this explains all the behavior issues I both parents and I have been having....???

thanks for responding...
KEG123 01:39 PM 03-01-2011
Yep- require a doctors note before she can come back just to make sure a doc has seen it. Everything I've read says white stools are never good.
DaycareMama 01:42 PM 03-01-2011
My son just had this. A stomach bug went around our house and I had given him kaopectate (sp). It scared me to death. But it is a possible side effect of that kind of medicine
countrymom 01:45 PM 03-01-2011
I was just going to say, it sounds like kaopectate.
daycare 01:46 PM 03-01-2011
i called the mom and mom said that the child was sick with a stomach flu friday and sat... does not come to school on fridays,so I was not aware of this... however, no meds were given. I told her to keep an eye out for more issues like this and she said aaaawwwww you tend to worry too much?????????

Ok well I did my part and told you what was going on here, I cant make the parent take the child to the doc...... and I could be wrong on what caused the white stool...
so it looks like we will have to wait and see.. what else could I do?? If it were my child I would have already taken them after the second white stool...
sahm1225 03:02 PM 03-01-2011
wow the parents say you worry too much?

White stool would freak me out! In adults its usually a sign of liver blockage (so it could be gallbladder problems or even pancriatic cancer).

I had a little one on probiotics that made his stool neon green (It looked like it would glow in the dark if I turned off the light, that bright!) and I called the mom immediately. It ended up being a reaction to the meds, but the mom jumped all over it.

sorry you have to worry about all this
DCMomOf3 03:40 PM 03-01-2011
everything I've seen says take the kid to the doctor asap and bring a stool sample. My contract says:

Children who are ill are not to be brought to day care. Examples of children who are ill:
A temperature of 100.0 degrees F. or higher within the last 24 hours
Vomiting or diarrhea has occurred more than once in the past 24 hours
A contagious disease such as chicken pox, strep throat or pink eye
An unidentified rash
Have not been on a prescribed medication for 24 hours or continue to have symptoms of illness
Has a constant, thick colored nasal discharge
Children may return when they are symptom free, have been appropriately treated, or have been given medical approval to return to child
care.

I bolded my sentence stating a list of EXAMPLES, not a definitive list. If you have the same, I'd tell the mom the list isn't all inclusive and you have determined that the child is ill and has to be seen by a doctor and a doctor's note stating the cause of the white stool is needed before returning. Have a stool sample in a ziploc bag ready and waiting if you can. also print out the potential causes from a health website to back up your claim that white stool is an indicator of illness.
Tags:kaopectate, white stool
Reply Up