Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>Michigan Home Child Care Provider
TheNestDaycare 01:45 PM 06-24-2015
Trying to decide whether to open a family home (care of up to 6 children) or group (licensed for care of up to 12 children with 1 assistant)... What's your preference, if your state is similar in terms of capacity & ratio? Pros? Cons?

I have two daughters, ages 3 months and almost 3 years old, who will be home with me too.

Any other providers with your own young kids at home? Tips for managing your business along with family life. I love the idea of being there everyday for my dds, bringing in an income, and friends for them to play with daily... but honestly am a little nervous to take on the extra responsibities of running a daycare in terms of paperwork, additional time speny grocery shopping and cleaning, ect. Tips, tricks, suggestions?
Michael 11:22 PM 06-24-2015
Welcome to the forum!
midaycare 09:34 AM 06-25-2015
Is your assistant reliable? That is the reason (I'm in MI as well) I am licensed for 6, not 12. I don't trust anyone to be here, day in, day out. If s/he is sick, I need a backup.
spinnymarie 11:54 AM 06-25-2015
Originally Posted by TheNestDaycare:
am a little nervous to take on the extra responsibities of running a daycare in terms of paperwork, additional time speny grocery shopping and cleaning, ect.
All of these things that you are worried about essentially double with the larger license. I'd go small and move up when/if you feel comfortable.
Tags:michigan, michigan members
Reply Up