Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>eating issues
sweetcinna 06:38 AM 03-26-2009
Here is the issue...I have a dcc that will pretend to eat! This child will eat maybe 2 or 3 bites of food, but then he will stuff his mouth and pretend to chew and hold the food in his mouth! If it was up to him he would hold that same food in his mouth all day long! If i ask the child to spit the food out or if i try to retrieve the food out of his mouth, all H*** breaks lose. Now i have been in daycare for 16 years now and i have never ever seen anything like this! I'm at a total lose here........Any suggestions will be great.
Unregistered 03:38 PM 03-26-2009
Try only giving him a very small portion of each food on his plate. That way he's limited to the amount of food he can hold in his mouth. He can always have more if he actually eats it. Are there food issues at home? How old is he?
Unregistered 05:10 AM 03-27-2009
I agree with the PP about limiting the food on his plate. I have a boy I watch who is 20 months, he would chew his food and spit it out quite often, I just kept telling him NO, not nice, and remind him often to chew it up not to spit it out because I am pregnant and it made me throw up a few times. He has quit that for the most part but it took constant reminders and working with him for a while.
sweetcinna 08:57 AM 03-27-2009
He is 2. I do only give him a small amount of food. Like i said before i have tried just about everything. Yes this child does have issues at home, just a lil info on the child.........2 years old, this child weight is the same as his one year sibling (20lbs)( mom is small framed). Mom has said that if he doesn't eat what they give him they will give him something they know he will eat I.E.....cookies, cupcakes, just junk. Well i can't and will not do that here. Child also melts down at bath time and a recent issue is that you can't change his shirt without him freaking out? Now i have 2 children of my own 6 and 15 and i have been in this business for 16 years.......Child seems unhappy (sibling is the most unhappy one year old that i have ever met). So I don't know if its just being defiant or if there is something that is going on at home? I just don't get it. And I'm not sure why childs ped has not been concerned bout child weight? I'm starting to think that these child may be a liablity?
TTOTS 07:14 AM 03-31-2009
Have you talked to the parents about this? I agree with giving him smaller portions until he actually eats the food. Does he do this with all foods or just certain ones?
Reply Up