Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Too Much Milk!
AmyKidsCo 07:50 AM 09-09-2016
Currently in my refrigerator I have:
- Whole milk for under-2 DCKs
- Almond milk for DCG
- 1% milk for over-2 DCKs
- Organic skim milk for me
- Organic 1% milk for the rest of my family
- Organic chocolate milk for the soccer players

There's no room for food!
Mike 08:21 AM 09-09-2016
Where's my soy milk and soy chocolate milk?
racemom 08:42 AM 09-09-2016
You need a milk refrigerator!
MrsSteinel'sHouse 09:42 AM 09-09-2016
I feel the same way!!!
Mike 10:00 AM 09-09-2016
Originally Posted by racemom:
You need a milk refrigerator!
A bar fridge dedicated to milk would be perfect.
Blackcat31 10:37 AM 09-09-2016
I have organic 1% and that's it.

I do not drink milk at all.

Most my DCK's don't either.

My DH and I buy a small container of milk every now and then for use in cooking but it usually goes bad before we use it.

I grew up drinking milk that had to be shaken before being served (mix the cream up since it rises to the top) straight from the cow. Would never have believed I'd be a non-milk drinker but I am.
Controlled Chaos 11:56 AM 09-09-2016
haha That is a very full fridge. I have a mini fridge in the daycare room, where I keep 2 gallons of 1%, and half gallon of organic whole milk and a half gallon of Almond Milk. In the family fridge upstairs we usually go through the 2 gallons of 1% each week. 2 of my kids drink. My oldest (6) decided she doesn't like it, which is fine.
happymom 12:00 PM 09-09-2016
Originally Posted by Mike:
Where's my soy milk and soy chocolate milk?
mmmm, soy chocolate milk..........
AmyKidsCo 01:32 PM 09-09-2016
Originally Posted by Mike:
A bar fridge dedicated to milk would be perfect.
Milk bar, LOL!

I also had a small bottle of breast milk I didn't include because it was a special circumstance. My DD went away for the holiday and pumped so her milk wouldn't dry up but GDD is 16 mos so she's on cow milk here.
Mike 03:23 PM 09-09-2016
Originally Posted by happymom:
mmmm, soy chocolate milk..........
I'm getting more when I go in town tomorrow.
Want me to pick one up for you?
I can drink regular milk, but a few years ago decided to try soy because it's healthier and I liked it.
sharlan 04:01 PM 09-09-2016
1% for daycare kids
Fairlife and Fairlife chocolate for grandson
almond coconut for me
jenboo 10:42 PM 09-09-2016
I keep a 1/2 gallon of organic whole milk in the fridge. The Daycare kids barely drink any and my family doesn't drink any. Well Dh would if I bought some for him but I don't think people should drink cow milk.
Blackcat31 06:22 AM 09-10-2016
Originally Posted by jenboo:
I keep a 1/2 gallon of organic whole milk in the fridge. The Daycare kids barely drink any and my family doesn't drink any. Well Dh would if I bought some for him but I don't think people should drink cow milk.
I think cows milk is a much healthier choice than soy or almond milk. Soy is too connected to GM techniques and certain cancers etc and almond milk will effect chronic migraine sufferers so cows milk seems to be a better choice from all the reasearch I've done but I don't drink any of it any more so...
mommyneedsadayoff 12:33 PM 09-10-2016
My husband can down a gallon of store bought (processed) milk every few days, but I AM the weirdo for only drinking raw goat's milk I know people may not like the barnyard flavor, but it is pretty much the only type of milk I will drink.
Poptarts22 05:13 PM 09-10-2016
We live in a 1000 cow dairy farm...our refrigerated tanks hold 50,000 gallons. I offer whole milk here and never buy chocolate milk. Chocolate milk is made from milk from herds that don't meet the quality standards set for dairies-it is basically the "junk milk"
LysesKids 09:47 AM 09-12-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I think cows milk is a much healthier choice than soy or almond milk. Soy is too connected to GM techniques and certain cancers etc and almond milk will effect chronic migraine sufferers so cows milk seems to be a better choice from all the reasearch I've done but I don't drink any of it any more so...
I can legally buy cream @ the top milk here (pasteurized so it can be sold in the Earth Fare stores)... yep, I go thru a gallon a week & I know exactly where it comes from as the farm is local... of course I own a cow share directly thru the farm; my personal gallon comes from the farm, not store bought ("Bessie" gets milked within 24 hrs of me picking up every Friday night). I actually can't drink or eat anything with soy
daycarediva 10:13 AM 09-12-2016
I have soy (dc) organic skim (dc and family) and organic whole (dc)

That's enough!

We do a farm share for milk. It is SO fresh!

I don't personally like any milk, only a little on cereal on occassion.
Tags:milk
Reply Up