Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>Nannyde - The Daycare Whisperer - Has a Blog on Daycare.com
Michael 12:18 AM 03-09-2011
Nannyde has been a member on this forum for a quite a while - I think I even banned her once - but she has had a lot to say and many of you had mentioned that she should start her own blog. Well, I decided to give her a home here at Daycare.com so she can further explore and share her experiences with you at her very own Daycare.com address: www.daycare.com/nannyde

Give it a look over and give us your suggestions and ideas. I hope she will find a much greater audience with Daycare.com at the helm.
nannyde 01:20 AM 03-09-2011
Originally Posted by Michael:
Nannyde has been a member on this forum for a quite a while - I think I even banned her once - but she has had a lot to say and many of you had mentioned that she should start her own blog. Well, I decided to give her a home here at Daycare.com so she can further explore and share her experiences with you at her very own Daycare.com address: www.daycare.com/nannyde

Give it a look over and give us your suggestions and ideas. I hope she will find a much greater audience with Daycare.com at the helm.
I think I even banned her once

Cat Herder 03:51 AM 03-09-2011
I love it!!!!
dEHmom 04:12 AM 03-09-2011
great site!

Nannyde, let me know if and when you decide to publish a book!! lol. I guarantee it's much better than my Nanny 911 book.
nannyde 04:20 AM 03-09-2011
Originally Posted by dEHmom:
great site!

Nannyde, let me know if and when you decide to publish a book!! lol. I guarantee it's much better than my Nanny 911 book.
Thank you very much.

I guess it's time to start writing the techniques down so you guys have a one stop shop.

I'm very happy to have this new venture and I hope I can make it happen. So far Michael has been uber patient and he knows his stuff. I'm not so easy to "live" with so that is going to take some skill.

You know what's funny about the Nanny shows is that they never really go back and do an update to see how the techniques are working. Methinks it's because they don't.
dEHmom 04:30 AM 03-09-2011
lol, very true nanny...I have the book, I never read the book.
morgan24 09:30 AM 03-09-2011
Very nice Nannyde! Looking forward to some good reading.
Abigail 11:22 AM 03-09-2011
I look forward to reading your blog. I was watching Super Nanny last night and wishing they would show how they've been on these folks. I know they did it ONCE probably years ago, but they visited over a year after the show was in their home so who knows. I do agree to her 1 minute per year of age technique though.
nannyde 11:33 AM 03-09-2011
Originally Posted by Abigail:
I look forward to reading your blog. I was watching Super Nanny last night and wishing they would show how they've been on these folks. I know they did it ONCE probably years ago, but they visited over a year after the show was in their home so who knows. I do agree to her 1 minute per year of age technique though.
On Supernanny, I saw one reunion show but they were just short clips. What I want to see is the filming of the kids just like they film them for the show BEFORE they get there.

They can't get it on tape because it doesn't work.

My deal with Supernanny is a LOT of her technique is about the adults playing with the kids. When you break her show down the way they get tape of the kids being good (after doing her technique) is to video the kids being played with by the adults.

I don't agree with the minute thing. I wish I could figure out who made that up.
DCMomOf3 11:41 AM 03-09-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:
On Supernanny, I saw one reunion show but they were just short clips. What I want to see is the filming of the kids just like they film them for the show BEFORE they get there.

They can't get it on tape because it doesn't work.

My deal with Supernanny is a LOT of her technique is about the adults playing with the kids. When you break her show down the way they get tape of the kids being good (after doing her technique) is to video the kids being played with by the adults.

I don't agree with the minute thing. I wish I could figure out who made that up.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time-out_(parenting)
" Jo Frost recommends one minute per year of age.[4]"
nannyde 11:55 AM 03-09-2011
Originally Posted by DCMomOf3:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time-out_(parenting)
" Jo Frost recommends one minute per year of age.[4]"
The minute per year is my problem with it. It doesn't even make sense developmentally. It's not enough time to settle down.

It's just an easy button that people can understand. I don't see where it correlates with development based on years of life.
DCMomOf3 11:59 AM 03-09-2011
I totally agree with you Nan.
Cat Herder 12:49 PM 03-09-2011
It gives Mom one minute per year of age to calm down and think of a better plan to deal with the issue at my house....
nannyde 01:13 PM 03-09-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
It gives Mom one minute per year of age to calm down and think of a better plan to deal with the issue at my house....

That's hysterical.

I don't even KNOW if my dc kids go on time out at home. I don't ever talk to them about that.

They are angels with me so what happens at home stays at home.
Former Teacher 03:20 PM 03-09-2011
Nannyde has been a member on this forum for a quite a while - I think I even banned her once - .
I remember
Michael 03:21 PM 03-09-2011
She's earned her stripes.
Cat Herder 03:56 PM 03-09-2011
Nan, you got the "'bout **** time" stamp of approval from my Grandma...

I copied and pasted your blog into an email....

She can't do forums and it would take me 6 hours to talk her through it..

I am looking forward to the next one.
Blackcat31 06:19 AM 03-10-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:
The minute per year is my problem with it. It doesn't even make sense developmentally. It's not enough time to settle down.

It's just an easy button that people can understand. I don't see where it correlates with development based on years of life.
Oh, see that is where I am going wrong.....I thought it was one minute per year of age and that meant my age... sheesh... that explains alot! LOL!!!
nannyde 06:45 AM 03-10-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Oh, see that is where I am going wrong.....I thought it was one minute per year of age and that meant my age... sheesh... that explains alot! LOL!!!

Yikes a 50 minute time out ;-)
MommyMuffin 07:32 AM 03-10-2011
Love it! Really looking forward to the next one!! Thanks Nannyde!
nannyde 01:39 AM 03-13-2011
Originally Posted by MommyMuffin:
Love it! Really looking forward to the next one!! Thanks Nannyde!
We put up another one. Have a peek.
nannyde 03:21 AM 03-17-2011
I put up a really yummy stew crockpot recipe up yesterday. My kids really love it.
Cat Herder 03:46 AM 03-17-2011
Loving it, keep them coming!!!!
squareone 12:16 PM 03-17-2011

Woo hoo! Where is that jumping-up-and-down" smiley?

I too am looking forward to some great reading.
blessed mom 06:24 PM 03-20-2011
I tried to log on with my daycare.com login but it didn't work? Do I have to register seperately???
Michael 06:26 PM 03-20-2011
Originally Posted by blessed mom:
I tried to log on with my daycare.com login but it didn't work? Do I have to register seperately???
Not on the blog. You can comment without it. Suggest you also get a Gravatar.com so we can see your image or website when commenting on nannyde's articles.
blessed mom 06:28 PM 03-20-2011
Not on the blog. You can comment without it. Suggest you also get a Gravatar.com so we can see your image or website when commenting on nannyde's articles.
Ok...just did that. On a side note she did have a place for members only. It said "welcome daycare.com users" so that is where I tried my login here. Would you happen to know if that is correct? Thanks!
Michael 06:31 PM 03-20-2011
hmm, I am not sure. There is no place for members only but I will check to see if there is a need for it. Maybe you writing about listing members for the Daycare.com registry? Can you show me the address of where you see "Welcome Daycare.com Members"?

Is there something specific you would like to do to sign in for?
blessed mom 05:33 AM 03-21-2011
Here is the login page specifically:

https://daycare.com/login.html

Here is the page before...in the middle at the top it says members login:

https://www.daycare.com/nannyde/

There wasn't anything specific I was looking for so no urgency...I was didn't want to be left out of "member" info so I wanted to register if I needed to.

Thanks!!!
nannyde 01:09 PM 04-05-2011
We have a new blog up. https://www.daycare.com/nannyde/natu...its-finest.htm
Michael 11:54 AM 04-12-2011
Nannyde has a new article regarding her thoughts on the Eight Year Old Boy Pepper Sprayed By Police

https://www.daycare.com/nannyde/eigh...-by-police.htm
Michael 09:26 PM 04-18-2011
Nannyde has a new article : Potty Training Letter To Parents

https://www.daycare.com/nannyde/pott...to-parents.htm
Michael 02:50 PM 05-02-2011
Nannyde has a new article which was inspired by one of you here in the Daycare.com forum. Why is Saying “No” So Difficult? – Daycare.com Forum Discussion
MarinaVanessa 11:18 AM 05-04-2011
Gosh dang it Nan. I just read the article about the interview process and you explain the concept of understanding group care so well that now I'm going to have to add some things to my parent packet. Can I borrow some of your wording from your article?

I especially liked this explanation "The following policies have been developed over the past 16 years of operating an in home child care. They are designed to meet the needs of the individual children and the group as a whole."

I would love to get my hands on a copy of your contract and handbook.
Michael 06:05 PM 05-04-2011
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
Gosh dang it Nan. I just read the article about the interview process and you explain the concept of understanding group care so well that now I'm going to have to add some things to my parent packet. Can I borrow some of your wording from your article?

I especially liked this explanation "The following policies have been developed over the past 16 years of operating an in home child care. They are designed to meet the needs of the individual children and the group as a whole."

haha, thanks at least for asking! There are those that would just copy. But to set the record straight, the content on Daycare.com is copyrighted. You could rewrite it or just PM me with the portion you want to use. Maybe I can convince Nannyde to put her contract and handbook up for sale for a small fee. I will PM her.
nannyde 06:44 PM 05-04-2011
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:

Thanks for the compliment. I can tell you with great assurance the policies work and so does the contract.

Just p.m. Michael with the portion you want to use and he will take care of it.

I'm getting flooded with requests for these types of things and individual consulting. Although i can't answer all of them personally... you guys are welcome to put the requests in writing to Michael for content that is here on daycare.com.

For assistance with general daycare questions feel free to post on this thread or start a thread on the board. I will specifically answer any thread directed to me if you put the words Nannyde in the title.

If you would like private counselling regarding specific issues you are welcome to apply for a consult thru my consulting business. Daycare.com members will be given first priority for time slots and I will arrange them at your convenience.
MarinaVanessa 02:31 PM 05-05-2011
Thanks guys I appreciate it. I definitely am going to take a serious look at my policies and take a hard look at how I'm conducting my business. I find that sometimes I forget that I do this for money and that I shouldn't over-extend myself and charge accordingly. I've already made my life alot easier by cutting back on the crafts and focusing more on open-ended art. I've also done away with worksheets which also cuts down on my costs. Parents are not paying me more to do this anyway. This is something that I added later on my own to clients that I already had enrolled so I'll only be going back to what they started with anyway.

What I quoted was what I wanted to use. I think parents forget that their dear little Suzie isn't the only child that I care for.
Michael 02:23 AM 05-09-2011
Nannyde has a new article : The Price of Daycare

https://www.daycare.com/nannyde/the-...of-daycare.htm
Michael 10:54 PM 05-12-2011
Nannyde has a new article: There Is No Correct Way to Play With Any Toy

www.daycare.com/nannyde/there-is-no-correct-way-to-play-with-any-toy.htm
Michael 09:30 AM 05-23-2011
Nannyde has a new article: What About Your Own Kids? – Provider Children in the Mix

https://www.daycare.com/nannyde/what...r-own-kids.htm
Michael 04:51 PM 05-31-2011
Nannyde has two new articles: Surrender To The baby

Allowing Comfort and Transitional Items From Home into the Daycare Environment

Fruitloops1 05:55 PM 01-03-2012
Michael, I am having trouble accessing the links you are providing, are they still available?
Michael 06:24 PM 01-03-2012
Originally Posted by Azra11:
Michael, I am having trouble accessing the links you are providing, are they still available?
opps, good catch. We change the server and did not realize that the blog was done. It is working again. Thank!

www.Daycare.com/nannyde
Fruitloops1 06:25 PM 01-03-2012
wonderful THANK YOU!
Tags:blog, nannyde, website
Reply Up