Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Help! Trying to Make A Website
Country Kids 04:43 PM 10-29-2012
Using the weebly sight.

Can't figure out how to do a menu or a calender.

Help-
Lyss 04:53 PM 10-29-2012
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
Using the weebly sight.

Can't figure out how to do a menu or a calender.

Help-
I used my Google calendar.

I placed the "custom html" section where I wanted my calendar and then went to my google calendar and copied the html code and pasted it in the custom html section on weebly. Your google calendar has to be set to public.

For your menu, do you mean like food menu or like a drop down menu to choose different pages? I just scanned my food menus, saved them as a jpeg, and posted them as a picture.
Country Kids 04:56 PM 10-29-2012
Originally Posted by Lyss:
I used my Google calendar.

I placed the "custom html" section where I wanted my calendar and then went to my google calendar and copied the html code and pasted it in the custom html section on weebly
Sounds good! Time to recruit hubs as I have no idea what you said!
Lyss 05:15 PM 10-29-2012
The google calendar took me a bit to figure out!! There seemed to be a lot of steps!

If your calendar is already set up this is how I access the HTML code (its a pain! if your hubby knows a shorter way please share! ) :

google--> click calendar at top--> click the picture of the gear on the upper right of calendar --> settings --> click "calendar" tab --> select share (or shared) on the row of the calendar you want on your page, under "sharing" --> check box "make this calendar public" --> then click "calendar details" tab above on left ---> edit whatever info you want to change, then where you see the picture of the sample calendar there should be a box to the right with a bunch of code, copy it all (CTR+A highlights it all then CTRL+C to copy or right click on your mouse) ---> paste into weebly

...Phew! hopefully I didn't miss anything!

Weebly editor-

Click the "More" category on the bottom left of the editor bar at the top, then drag the "Custom HTML" box wherever you want the html
daycare 05:20 PM 10-29-2012
I tried weebly and had much much better luck using yola...it is also free a[nd very very user friendly.....especially for people like me who don't know the first thing about website building...
HappyHearts 05:48 PM 10-29-2012
Originally Posted by daycare:
I tried weebly and had much much better luck using yola...it is also free a[nd very very user friendly.....especially for people like me who don't know the first thing about website building...
I use Yola also, and am very happy with it. Do you have a calender on yours? I was just thinking about putting one on my site, but when I was looking at the google widget calenders, none of them seem to be working.
Blackcat31 09:18 AM 10-30-2012
I started out with Weebly and went with Wix.com. It is super easy! I checked out Yola too and that one seems simple too!
Tags:website, weebly
Reply Up