Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Did You Ever Feel So Relieved After You Termed?
legomom922 01:09 PM 11-05-2010
While DCB was here, I was soo stressed, moody, aggitated, etc. he was a cute great little boy, but just not for here. I swear he had ADHD at 17 months old...I could not keep up with him, and he was very violent and rough with everything. He would even hit DCG in the face daily...

I cannot tell you how good it felt to wake up this am and know I didnt have to deal him! My stress is gone, and I feel happy again! I have spent the day cleaning and disenfecting everything he touched! He had a runny nose every single day he was ever here!

Money is not everything, and even though I needed it very badly, I needed my sanity more. I guess with the way I'm feeling today, it just confirms I made the right choice in cutting him loose!

Did anyone else ever feel like this?
AmandasFCC 01:15 PM 11-05-2010
YES. Yes, yes, yes. My last termination (my second) I think I cried with relief after the letter was handed off.
tenderhearts 01:16 PM 11-05-2010
YES!!!!!! when I termd the boy a few weeks ago which was still during the trial period I was VERY relieved.
Unregistered 01:26 PM 11-05-2010
in a word,.. YES
Former Teacher 01:56 PM 11-05-2010
Oh yes...I have never been in a position to terminate a child. However the few children in my care that were let go, I was relieved. In fact every one of them (I stopped counting at 5)...I cried with happiness.

On a side note (don't mean to hijack, just want to explain why we had a high turnover of children being termed), my former center is known as the Reject Center. We ALWAYS took the children that the other centers/caregivers got rid of. Because to put it honestly, we needed kids. No matter what the consequences were.
busymomof2 01:58 PM 11-05-2010
I had a 2yo dcg who drove me crazy. She hit, slapped,pulled hair just a terror...plus bm was late for pick up and pay. I had to term early due to aggressive behavior and it was the best decision I made. I need the money too but I feel so relieved that I don't have to put up with her or mom again. AMEN!!
SimpleMom 03:47 PM 11-06-2010
YES. Didn't even realize just how stressful and chaotic it was til they were no longer there. My group just feels so right now and everyone gets along so well. No one is looking over their shoulder to see if someone is going to hurt them. Very aggressive little one I had...wish I'd of termed earlier if anything.
SunflowerMama 06:40 PM 11-06-2010
Originally Posted by tenderhearts:
YES!!!!!! when I termd the boy a few weeks ago which was still during the trial period I was VERY relieved.
I just termed during a trial too and it's amazing the difference!!

So to answer your question....YES!!!
DancingQueen 04:40 AM 11-07-2010
This was my first week without termed boy. HEAVEN
sahm2three 07:18 AM 11-08-2010
Originally Posted by legomom922:
While DCB was here, I was soo stressed, moody, aggitated, etc. he was a cute great little boy, but just not for here. I swear he had ADHD at 17 months old...I could not keep up with him, and he was very violent and rough with everything. He would even hit DCG in the face daily...

I cannot tell you how good it felt to wake up this am and know I didnt have to deal him! My stress is gone, and I feel happy again! I have spent the day cleaning and disenfecting everything he touched! He had a runny nose every single day he was ever here!

Money is not everything, and even though I needed it very badly, I needed my sanity more. I guess with the way I'm feeling today, it just confirms I made the right choice in cutting him loose!

Did anyone else ever feel like this?
Yep! I am on week 2 now of no ODD boy and his little 10 mo brother who didn't sleep, and it has been fantastic! I love my job again!!!
juliebug 10:04 AM 11-08-2010
yes soo much it was wounderful the one time i did it!
Tags:termination
Reply Up