Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Do I Report the Whole Daycare and to Who? PLEASE REPLY
Kolika 08:16 PM 07-20-2019
Back on here looking for advice. I tried calling the abuse hotline today, but I started having a panic attack or something and the phone hung up. Idk if I accidentally hung up or what.

So a few people were telling me to talk to my director first but idk if this is a good idea because I think she's apart of it.

Why:
1. There's cameras in the room, but nobody was aware of a teacher abusing a student (last year. parents reported it and the video came out).

2. They leave infants in the bouncers crying and leave bibs on them while they nap.

3. The teacher I worked with threatens the kids with another teachers. Says, "if you don't stop I'm going to call ms.O"

4. A review said the director was "money hungry" and "writing fake reviews." and "she's nice at first."

5. A lot of kids there are foster kids.

6. She straight up told me who the bad kids were and that the room I'm in is her least favorite.

7. She hired a lead teacher who doesn't even posses her introductory to early childhood hours.

8. I've seen numerous teachers grabs kids by the arms and pull them, she's seen it too.

I mean the people are really nice but I think like 3 of the teachers are bad and the director is probably money hungry. You can look at my old post to see what the teacher I'm going to report did. Also, she likes to clean the room with Lysol or bleach idk during nap time. They put kids in highchairs if they misbehave. idk. I don't wanna get the whole place shut down I'd feel bad and lots of parents like it but what are your thoughts? They also have their golden seal.
Michael 08:22 PM 07-20-2019
What state are you located in?
Kolika 08:32 PM 07-20-2019
Originally Posted by Michael:
What state are you located in?
I am located in FL
Michael 02:52 AM 07-21-2019
Originally Posted by Kolika:
I am located in FL
Contact DCF (Department of Children & Families) at 239-338-1341 or visit http://www.dcf.state.fl.us
tlemother 04:39 AM 07-21-2019
Just make the call. If you suspect abuse or neglect then you need to do something to at least bring it to the attention of DCFS. If you know something and don't report it then you will be just as guilty. Also start looking for a new job right away. If what you say is true the place won't remain open most likely.
Give DCFS as much details as possible. Don't be scared.
Kolika 07:08 AM 07-21-2019
Originally Posted by tlemother:
Just make the call. If you suspect abuse or neglect then you need to do something to at least bring it to the attention of DCFS. If you know something and don't report it then you will be just as guilty. Also start looking for a new job right away. If what you say is true the place won't remain open most likely.
Give DCFS as much details as possible. Don't be scared.
I am looking for another job. Should I report it online? Should I call in sick tomorrow or just tell them I quit?
CeriBear 07:28 AM 07-21-2019
I’d probably call and quit. You don’t really owe them a reason but if they ask you could say the place isn’t a good fit. I’m glad you are standing up for what is best for these children because it sounds like a lot of abusive and neglectful behaviors are going on. I think you should go ahead and report your findings to the DCFS.
Kolika 08:09 AM 07-21-2019
Originally Posted by CeridwenLynne:
I’d probably call and quit. You don’t really owe them a reason but if they ask you could say the place isn’t a good fit. I’m glad you are standing up for what is best for these children because it sounds like a lot of abusive and neglectful behaviors are going on. I think you should go ahead and report your findings to the DCFS.
just sent in my report. is dcf gonna look for me if I quit? Like will they wanna speak to me when they investigate.
Unregistered 05:23 PM 07-21-2019
I would let dcfs know that you quit. They came looking for me when I left my one center. I watched the director put "THAT NAUGHTY BRAT" in time out. She then went into the kitchen (she could see him) and proceeded to clean up lunch. She left the child their for a hour and a half till he laid down on the bench and fell asleep! I reported it, got my hours cut, and then quit. DCFS found me, and I told them everything. Daycare got fined but that was it
Cat Herder 05:50 AM 07-22-2019
I know you already reported, I wanted to post this for others coming behind you.

"A new and improved online abuse reporting tool for the Florida Department of Children and Families’ Florida Abuse Hotline is now available. This new reporting tool is available to professionally-mandated reporters, as well as the general public, as an additional avenue to report suspected cases of abuse, neglect, abandonment, or exploitation of children or vulnerable adults. The new online reporting tool is in addition to the existing toll free line at 1-800-96-ABUSE, TTY 1-800-955-8771, and fax at 1-800-914-0004."

Know that as a mandated reporter they will not keep your identity anonymous. It is part of the job to report and child advocates. Never hesitate because you can also be held liable for not reporting should something come out later, just act on your conscience.
Kolika 03:39 PM 07-22-2019
Know that as a mandated reporter they will not keep your identity anonymous. It is part of the job to report and child advocates. [/quote]

So they're gonna tell the daycare I reported them?
Blackcat31 05:52 PM 07-22-2019
Know that as a mandated reporter they will not keep your identity anonymous. It is part of the job to report and child advocates.

I think it depends on your state laws.
My state will keep mandated reporter names confidential except in extreme circumstances
Cat Herder 12:17 PM 07-23-2019
They can if the daycare disputes, they will want to clear you as a disgruntled former employee.

They want you to back up what you say.
HHangout 07:10 PM 07-31-2019
I reported my old center (I was asst Director, it was a full day site) to the licenser, with whom I was familiar with because she was my last licensor when I was a director (school-age) and asked if I was anonymous and she said she would do her best but if there was an issue she had to share my name.
Tags:file a complaint, mandated reporter
Reply Up