Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant HiMama Childcare App

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 09-29-2015, 07:55 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default Corralling Babies

So I have a rowdy, big baby here. He is 15 months and 28 pounds. He isn't walking yet, just crawling and cruising. I am not sure what to do with him when I can't be right with him. He ruined my cloth seat exersaucer by bouncing/jumping while in it, he "walks" the gray hexagon play yard across the room by leaning/cruising on it, and he is about to do in the floor seats I have by rocking in them and yanking on the trays.

I've been looking for some kind of sturdy contraption to put him in for those 15 minute times when we have to prep meals, change diapers, etc. You know how it is. Does anyone have any recommendations?
Old 09-29-2015, 08:16 AM
Daycare.com Member

Most of my lunch/dinner snacks are pre prepped or crockpot so I usually put my 13 mo in a high chair with some toys or a couple of Cheerios. Other than that I'll pop him in the pnp for a couple min with an electronic toy(the only time he gets them) otherwise he pretty much free ranges. I tend to gate in my toddlers/preschoolers for projects rather than baby.
Old 09-29-2015, 09:19 AM
Daycare.com Member

Pnp could be a solution, but I have only EVER used them for sleep. Works like a charm, babies know when they go in there, they sleep. But this one is close to moving to a mat (mostly cuz he is so heavy!) so could be a great temp solution. Thanks!

My kids are mainly free range, too, but there are times they can't be for safety's sake.

Was also thinking of replacing my gray hexagon play yard for the 8-panel Dream On Me one. It's cute, has a gate, and looks less flexible. Anyone have or had one of these? Love it? Hate it?
Old 09-29-2015, 10:51 AM
Unregistered

I often put my 15 month old in the high chair and give him something to eat (Apple, banana, green beans) as an appetizer while I finish and plate up the food.
Old 09-29-2015, 12:01 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I often put my 15 month old in the high chair and give him something to eat (Apple, banana, green beans) as an appetizer while I finish and plate up the food.
Or a cosmetic bag with a couple small toys. Teach him to do zippers. Keep him safe.