Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Are You Kidding Me??
Justjoy 07:57 PM 01-12-2018
I just got done terminating this kid two weeks ago, and I get a text from her father this morning saying that he found a new daycare for her, but they are closed this coming Monday because of Martin Luther King Day and would I watch her just this one time. WTF! I didn't know whether to laugh or scream!
Has this ever happened to anyone else? What friggin' nerve!
Josiegirl 01:50 AM 01-13-2018
What? Did they not read their new daycare handbook going in?
Tell me you refused.
I've had similar things happen. Dcfs withdraw but then a few weeks later find out the grass was NOT greener at all and wanted to come back. Haha, ain't gonna happen! Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me type of thing. You leave once, there will be no room next time. Ever.
I also had a dcm who just stopped showing up one day(this was a LOT of years ago before policies, etc., etc.), then a month or so later wanted to bring her dd so she could play with the kids. Uh nope.
284878 06:29 AM 01-13-2018
Originally Posted by Justjoy:
I just got done terminating this kid two weeks ago, and I get a text from her father this morning saying that he found a new daycare for her, but they are closed this coming Monday because of Martin Luther King Day and would I watch her just this one time. WTF! I didn't know whether to laugh or scream!
Has this ever happened to anyone else? What friggin' nerve!
Ok I not sure why this such a bad thing. I don't know why you termed but from what you wrote here, it sounds like they still trust you. To me would make me feel good. Plus you can easily "Thank you for considering me but I don't have the space on Monday"
Justjoy 05:22 PM 01-13-2018
Originally Posted by 284878:
Ok I not sure why this such a bad thing. I don't know why you termed but from what you wrote here, it sounds like they still trust you. To me would make me feel good. Plus you can easily "Thank you for considering me but I don't have the space on Monday"
Oh they trust me. They know their kid is out of control and are looking into counseling for her. She's already been termed by at least one other daycare that I know of. She's probably on her way to being kicked out of this new one too. I cannot have her around the other kids in my care and the father knows it. That's why the kid was terminated!
Justjoy 05:25 PM 01-13-2018
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
What? Did they not read their new daycare handbook going in?
Tell me you refused.
I've had similar things happen. Dcfs withdraw but then a few weeks later find out the grass was NOT greener at all and wanted to come back. Haha, ain't gonna happen! Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me type of thing. You leave once, there will be no room next time. Ever.
I also had a dcm who just stopped showing up one day(this was a LOT of years ago before policies, etc., etc.), then a month or so later wanted to bring her dd so she could play with the kids. Uh nope.
I told the dad that I had already filled her spot, so no room!
BumbleBee 04:06 AM 01-14-2018
Yeah I've had the same thing happen. my answer depends on the situation and other factors.
flying_babyb 02:13 PM 01-14-2018
"thank you for your trust in my by asking me to provide care, but I can't accept your child on Monday. I am full. I hope little ______ does great in her new daycare and gets the help she needs
Tags:parents - ask too much, terminated
Reply Up