Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Happened?!
gkids09 12:07 PM 05-07-2010
Okay, we got a new 2 year old little girl last week..She came in and she acted like she owned the place, well except she was extremely well-behaved and never cried AT ALL. She is only here on M, W, and F, and had a dr appt Monday so she didn't come, and was in Memphis Wednesday because her mom had a meeting. Today, she came in fine, played this morning, went outside, and RIGHT BEFORE lunch started screaming and crying...For no reason we can think of??? We ate lunch, she ate tons of pizza, and then went outside, where she played. Then, 10 minutes before we came in, she started the screaming/crying stuff again. We figured, well she's tired. (Her form says she takes a nap at home at 12, and we don't lay down til about 1 or 1:30) So we put her to bed. She cried and cried, but finally went to sleep. Now, she just woke up. And again, she's crying! Nobody has bullied her, taken toys away from her, or even fussed at her. She is a great kid, other than the random crying fits that she's been doing today. Any suggestions???
theflyingflamingo 05:20 PM 05-07-2010
Originally Posted by gkids09:
Okay, we got a new 2 year old little girl last week..She came in and she acted like she owned the place, well except she was extremely well-behaved and never cried AT ALL. She is only here on M, W, and F, and had a dr appt Monday so she didn't come, and was in Memphis Wednesday because her mom had a meeting. Today, she came in fine, played this morning, went outside, and RIGHT BEFORE lunch started screaming and crying...For no reason we can think of??? We ate lunch, she ate tons of pizza, and then went outside, where she played. Then, 10 minutes before we came in, she started the screaming/crying stuff again. We figured, well she's tired. (Her form says she takes a nap at home at 12, and we don't lay down til about 1 or 1:30) So we put her to bed. She cried and cried, but finally went to sleep. Now, she just woke up. And again, she's crying! Nobody has bullied her, taken toys away from her, or even fussed at her. She is a great kid, other than the random crying fits that she's been doing today. Any suggestions???

Maybe she ate too much pizza and has a tummy ache. It's a stab in the dark
QualiTcare 05:48 PM 05-07-2010
maybe she just missed her mom since she was with her all week.

my son used to hate going to daycare if he got to stay home with me for a few days. i know she didn't hate it, but she could've just been out of whack from that.
TGT09 04:17 AM 05-08-2010
Possibly getting sick? I know when my dck's have abnormal behavior, mostly crying and whining, I almost can always pinpoint that they are getting something.
missnikki 07:09 AM 05-10-2010
Does she allow you to comfort her? If so, she's probably feeling sick, like the other posters mentioned. If she doesn't, then she may be homesick.
Just my 2 cents.
My4SunshineGirlsNY 07:14 AM 05-10-2010
Did she get bit, stung? Maybe she's coming down with a virus and doesn't feel well. Something with her clothes poking at her? That's a tough one, sounds like something is not right..I would check her over head to toe.
gkids09 11:59 AM 05-10-2010
She did let us comfort her, so it's not that she's scared of us or anything. I am wondering if maybe since her sister is at school and it's just her with all attention on her at all times, if she just got a little jealous Friday. She's back today and has been much, much happier. Came in this morning, waved to her mom, and then ran to play with the other kids. The only time she has cried so far today is when we laid down for nap, and that was only for a minute until she fell asleep. So I'm thinking maybe she was just tired and cranky Friday. Or if she was sick maybe she got over it over the weekend.
Carole's Daycare 08:47 AM 05-11-2010
Yeah- glad she seems better. Sounds like maybe a combination of stayed up late, tummy/digestion a bit off, change in routine.. Sometimes I've noticed really cranky, crying behavior, and it usually turns out to be an ear infection. Seems like it shows fewer other symptoms, but can hurt like crazy for no reason, or when swallowing or laying down. I know if they can't tell you what hurts/is wrong it can be really trying to soothe an upset child, not knowing how to help them. Been there.
Tags:2 year old, crying
Reply Up