Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Has Doing Daycare Been GOOD For Your Own Kids?
preschoolteacher 07:48 PM 04-17-2014
Today I watched as my 21-month old held hands with his little buddy and walked all around the playroom together pretending to "go bye-bye", and they both waved at everyone. He cried when he woke up from nap before her and had to wait to play "hold hands" again!

I've been thinking lately that I'm so glad I'm doing daycare, for his sake. Obviously because I can stay home with him. But also because I have so many kids right now who come one day/week for socialization and are with SAHMs the rest. I think if I would have been able to be a SAHM, my son would either have the run of the house (rules seem so much less important when you only have one kid to deal with) and/or I'd be way too utterly focused on him. I have seen kids who won't play because they are used to mom coming up with these elaborate activities all the time; they're used to being entertained. I so would have been that mom. I probably would be overly concerned about his life/controlling--no sugar, TV is awful! I certainly was going down that path,but the realities of daycare changed that fast.

I think he's pretty well adjusted. Independent, and social because of the daycare.

What about you?
Tags:provider - own kids
Up