Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>See, It’s The States Rules Not Just Mine!
Country Kids 02:59 PM 07-23-2012
Just found where a center in the area was sighted with these violations plus a couple others. What I find funny is these are the ones parents fight us on all the time. I love how I can blame it on the state as it is their rules as well as mine.

I find it interesting they were actually cited for violating nap time. Makes me wonder what was going on during nap for them to be cited.

According to OAR 414-300-0220(1)(a), "A center shall not admit or retain in care, except with the written approval of the local health officer, a child who:

valid 04/09/2012
(A) Is diagnosed as having or being a carrier of a child care-restrictable disease, as defined in Health Division administrative rules, OAR 333-019-0200."

(B) Has one of the following symptoms, or combination of symptoms, of illness:

(i) Fever over 100 degrees F taken under the arm."

(ii) Diarrhea (more than one abnormally loose, runny, watery or bloody stool)."

(iii) Vomiting."

(iv) Nausea."

(ix) Difficult breathing or abnormal wheezing."

(v) Severe cough."

(vi) Unusual yellow color to skin or eyes."

(vii) Skin or eye lesions or rashes that are severe, weeping, or pus-filled."

(viii) Stiff neck and headache with one or more of the symptoms listed above."

(x) Complaints of severe pain."

According to 414-300-0220(1)(b), "A child who shows signs of illness, as defined in this rule, shall be isolated and the parent(s) notified and asked to remove the child from the center as soon as possible."

According to 414-300-0220(1)(e), "An outbreak of a child care restrictable disease, as defined in OAR 333-019-0200, or food poisoning shall be reported immediately to the local health department and posted for the parents of all children who attend the facility."

According to OAR 414-300-0310(1), "In addition tto those activities specified in OAR 414-300-0295(2), preschool age children shall have opportunities, on a daily basis, to choose from a variety of activities and experiences, which shall include:

valid 04/09/2012
(i) A supervised nap or rest period."
Reply Up