Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Do You Wait Until The Interview?
Nurse Jackie 09:37 PM 08-03-2015
I have a lot of people texting or emailing me asking me my rates. Once I give them my rates its dead silence. I know my rates are competitive to my area so I'm wondering if its just my competitors inquiring. Here's my question do you give your rates prior to the interview or do you wait for them to come interview?
Movingforward 10:08 PM 08-03-2015
My rates are posted on our web page and we tell if asked = )
Unregistered 10:39 PM 08-03-2015
I recently posted my rates on my website because of the exact problem you stated above. That has stopped all the calls asking about my rates. Now the only people that contact me are the ones that don't mind paying my rates and want to set up an interview. And I am happy to say I filled all my spaces (4) for the new school year within two weeks. In hindsight I should have posted my rates years ago.
Nurse Jackie 10:52 PM 08-03-2015
I actually added my rates to my website yesterday too because of this issue, but wanted to make sure that I am doing the right thing by doing so. I noticed some daycares on CL post that they only give rates during the in home tour and thought maybe I was going about it all wrong.
bklsmum 03:25 AM 08-04-2015
I put my rates in my CL ad and answer any question about them at any time. I don't want people to waste my time or their own if they can't or won't afford to come here. I know I am competitive and more than fair but we all know that doesn't always matter.
Laurel 04:55 AM 08-04-2015
Originally Posted by bklsmum:
I put my rates in my CL ad and answer any question about them at any time. I don't want people to waste my time or their own if they can't or won't afford to come here. I know I am competitive and more than fair but we all know that doesn't always matter.

childcaremom 04:58 AM 08-04-2015
My rates are individualistic, depending on hours, hours of care, and days per week. I also have special rates for teachers.

So, no, I don't post my rates but I will discuss them prior to doing an interview. It would be a waste of my time if they can't afford them or don't want to pay as much as I charge.

I am on the high end of rates for my area.
Blackcat31 05:12 AM 08-04-2015
Originally Posted by childcaremom:
My rates are individualistic, depending on hours, hours of care, and days per week. I also have special rates for teachers.

So, no, I don't post my rates but I will discuss them prior to doing an interview. It would be a waste of my time if they can't afford them or don't want to pay as much as I charge.

I am on the high end of rates for my area.
Same here. My rates are based on pick up time and number of days per week a child attends so depending on each family's needs my rates vary so it's difficult to just post them in my advertising materials but I have no issues discussing them with a potential client.

Usually I will tell them my rates are competitive for the area and depending may or may not give an example rate for a child that attends M-F and is picked up at 3:00. (that's my starting point for my graduated rates so it's a good place to start).

Like others said, I don't want to waste my time with parents/family's that can't afford my rates or don't want to pay in the way I require payment.
Thriftylady 09:52 AM 08-04-2015
No I give rates on the first call. I don't want to waste my time with interviews if they don't want to pay me. Sadly, even with my rates being on the lower side for the area (still in the range of norm just the low end), many people just don't want to pay it.
littletots 11:30 AM 08-04-2015
Originally Posted by bklsmum:
Absolutely!
AmyKidsCo 11:47 AM 08-04-2015
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
No I give rates on the first call. I don't want to waste my time with interviews if they don't want to pay me. Sadly, even with my rates being on the lower side for the area (still in the range of norm just the low end), many people just don't want to pay it.
Me too. I don't want to go through the hassle of "company cleaning" my house, printing out information, getting rid of my family, etc, if the prospective family isn't going to pay my rates.
Tags:interview
Reply Up