Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Bad Appetites
Hunni Bee 09:29 PM 10-19-2011
Are anyone else's kids suddenly not eating?

I rarely have had a problem with my kids eating. I usually worry that they eat too much...asking for thirds and sometimes fourths.

But lately, out of 12 kiddos, I have maybe four who routinely finish their food. One who asks for seconds.

I have about three who dump the entire plate minus the fruit....they're basically living off milk and fruit right now. I have long since cut out morning snack, but if they eat breakfast between 7:30 and 8:30, they should be hungry by 12:15, right?

Should I be worried...it has come on kind of suddenly. But it actually annoys me more than anything to see the trashcan full of food halfway through lunch...its so wasteful.
wahmof3 06:55 AM 10-20-2011
Originally Posted by Hunni Bee:

I rarely have had a problem with my kids eating. I usually worry that they eat too much...asking for thirds and sometimes fourths.

But lately, out of 12 kiddos, I have maybe four who routinely finish their food. One who asks for seconds.

I have about three who dump the entire plate minus the fruit....they're basically living off milk and fruit right now. I have long since cut out morning snack, but if they eat breakfast between 7:30 and 8:30, they should be hungry by 12:15, right?

Should I be worried...it has come on kind of suddenly. But it actually annoys me more than anything to see the trashcan full of food halfway through lunch...its so wasteful.

I have had the same thing here for a couple weeks now. Throwing away plates of food. Funny thing is its stuff they normally eat.

I hope its just a short phase. I worry about it sometimes bc I know they are getting a balanced diet here and not so much at home.
2ndFamilyDC 07:19 AM 10-20-2011
Originally Posted by Hunni Bee:

Are you talking about my house??

My kids have suddenly stopped eating what they normally did.

I always say, my garbage disposal eats so well.

I hate wasting food, just a big pet peeve of mine. I plan the meals,

I shop for them and then I take the time to prepare them and serve the

kids and the food ends up in my disposal.
Country Kids 07:24 AM 10-20-2011
Their out to drive us to the mad house-. Yours won't eat and mine won't sleep. Seriously what is going on? The weird thing about it is it is the regular children, they aren't new and should now the routine and know in your case that you serve good food.

So confusing!
Unregistered 01:42 PM 10-20-2011
I have kiddos that do that as well. Once lunch is served or snack, they have the choice to eat or not. If they dont, then they have to wait till the next meal. I was a soup kitchen at first until I started this. They asked for snacks contantley at first but by the end of the first week they had it figured out and now they eat their meals.
SandeeAR 06:55 AM 10-21-2011
Seasons have changed. They aren't playing as hard outside. (sweating) More just, yuckiness, with the runny noses, etc. They just don't eat as much. JMHO.
Tags:won, won't eat
Reply Up