Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Update On DCG's Scalp Condition
daycarediva 06:33 AM 09-07-2012
Mom said last week that she was going to take her to the dr's office, even though she insisted it was psoriasis. She was off Thursday-Monday and never took her. Yesterday Mom said on the way out of the door that dcb (brother) also has a spot. I was thrown and it didn't click right away what she meant since we weren't talking about that at all. I sent them both home, and they CANNOT return until I have a note from the dr with diagnosis and if they are contagious, and when they can return to daycare. My health care consultant was floored that she actually brought them both in with what is now an OBVIOUS contagious skin condition. I cleaned everything last night. I never share bedding anyway, put I washed them all separately and sprayed mats, cleaned toys, bathroom, hard surfaces and anything else they could have come into contact with. Dcg wasn't so much an issue as she wasn't itching bc it hurt but DCB was itching up a storm and touching everything until he got picked up.

My health care consultant thinks it could be impetigo, ringworm or scabies! EW!

Also, dcg is in school. Should I call the school and let them know when I get a dx note from the dr? Pretty sure Mom was bringing dcg to school today anyway. It's so sad to me because dcg was in tears over being embarassed and had to have her hair put up and clipped so nobody would see it (even so it is starting to spread down near her temples and can be seen).
Crystal 06:36 AM 09-07-2012
Yep. When in doubt, have the doctor check it out. I wouldn't have let her back without medical clearance the first time I saw it. Mom and provider are not qualified to make a medical decision that can put others at risk of catching it. I hope no one else gets it....that is really ICK!
Tags:contagious, impetigo, ringworm, scabies, skin condition
Reply Up