Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Flat Fold Highchair Recommendations?
bluemoose_mom 08:04 AM 08-28-2012
I need two new highchairs for my little toddlers. I would like them to fold as flat as possible to store. Cheap, but durable and wipe-able to clean (I detest having to wash the inner lining in order to clean it. I took it off my original high chair when I started to do daycare, that way it gets cleaner with a wash clothe and bleach) would be great qualities as well.

Thank you all.

Oh, and not one that sits on a chair, or one that hangs unto a table.
jen2651 09:48 AM 08-28-2012
I have a Chicco that I bought of Craigslist for $50 (could have gotten it cheaper just didn't want to drive further!). I will be purchasing another one asap - i am tired of the ones that 'fold flat' into a 24" space. If I flipped up the foot rest I think it would be 8-10"?

love it!

http://www.target.com/p/chicco-polly...gpa=pla&ci_kw=
DBug 10:10 AM 08-28-2012
The Ikea high chairs don't fold flat, but they do stack and would probably take up the same amount of storage space as two folded flat. They're cheap ($25-$30 each) and they wipe clean with no pads or nooks and crannies to clean out. You can quite often find them second-hand too.
Sunchimes 10:32 AM 08-28-2012
Jen, is the tray really high on your Chicco? I have an older one, but I can't even use it. No matter how you adjust it, the poor little one sits so low that his chin is resting on the tray. I like the way it folds away though. It is nice and compact.
Sunchimes 10:34 AM 08-28-2012
DBug, could you use a 5 point seat belt with the Ikea? Does it work for smaller babies, like 7 or 8 months old?
bluemoose_mom 11:07 AM 08-28-2012
Can someone give me a link the Ikea one's? I don't know what you're referring to.

Thanks.
Texasjeepgirl 11:37 AM 08-28-2012
Originally Posted by DBug:
The Ikea high chairs don't fold flat, but they do stack and would probably take up the same amount of storage space as two folded flat. They're cheap ($25-$30 each) and they wipe clean with no pads or nooks and crannies to clean out. You can quite often find them second-hand too.
Bored.. it's naptime.. I click over here to the forum..
Start reading this thread..
Get to this post.. and think wow.. I've been shopping for high chairs for weeks now.. Amazon.com... Walmart.. Target...
Can't seem to find a high chair that is simple... basic.. and inexpensive...
I click over to the IKEA site..... and 10 minutes later I've ordered a red one.. and a blue one.. and two trays.. !!!! That is EXACTLY what I've been searching for ..
THANKS for the post...

Texasjeepgirl 11:39 AM 08-28-2012
Originally Posted by bluemoose_mom:
Can someone give me a link the Ikea one's? I don't know what you're referring to.

Thanks.
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/departments/childrens_ikea/18715/
Texasjeepgirl 12:11 PM 09-14-2012
My two new Ikea high chairs arrived yesterday..
Here is my opinion of them SO FAR...
They are great for the price...
What I LOVE about them..
... super easy to put together...
4 legs and a seat that is one piece molded plastic...
the legs snap in... done.
the molded plastic seat is better quality ...heavier.. thicker.. plastic.. than an EVENFLO chair I just bought a few weeks ago...
the safety seat belt is great... and easy to use...
no cloth or plastic seat cover to deal with.. so the clean up for this chair is a SNAP... LOVE IT..

What I don't love..
well.. the tray...which was a seperate purchase... is not adjustable..
it snaps on...in one specific position.. and that's it..so there is this gap between the child's body.. and the tray top...
But I guess that's what bibs are for...

The bottom line is.. the chair was $19.99.. the tray was $5...
I bought 2 chairs..
for the money.. the quality is really excellent.. IN MY OPINION...
I LOVE THEM...

youretooloud 01:32 PM 09-14-2012
I will only use the ikea chair from now on. You can easily sew a little cushion for the chair that pushes the baby to the front of the high chair. http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/70143393/ <--like this.

I have NEVER been able to get the tray off. Ever. I just clean it like I do the tables...it's over a year old, and has never been removed. I am pretty sure it's on there forever.
Reply Up