Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>OMG, Robin Williams commits suicide
Bookworm 04:25 PM 08-11-2014
Just saw the report on TMZ website. He committed suiicide by asphyxiation this morning. They're saying he was suffering from depression. I love his movies and he was hilarious. This really blew my mind. Prayers to his family.
daycare 04:29 PM 08-11-2014
Originally Posted by Bookworm:
Just saw the report on TMZ website. He committed suiicide by asphyxiation this morning. They're saying he was suffering from depression. I love his movies and he was hilarious. This really blew my mind. Prayers to his family.
my son just told me this and I cried
Angelsj 04:30 PM 08-11-2014
Wow, that is sad.
I enjoyed him a lot.
Thriftylady 04:31 PM 08-11-2014
It is sad but I heard recently he was struggling. From what I understand depression and alcoholism have been constant struggles for him.
Shell 04:39 PM 08-11-2014
Very sad- what an awesome comedian/ actor- such a part of my childhood was spent watching his movies!
KidGrind 04:57 PM 08-11-2014
I’ve had the pleasure of meeting and interacting with Mr. Williams on several occasions. He was a really humble & charming man. Substance abuse has been a long standing issue with him. His children, family and friends are in my prayers.
sahm1225 05:31 PM 08-11-2014
Prayers to his family.

I had read about his struggle with addiction. It is just so sad. I loved his new show and had hoped it would somehow get renewed. He was such an amazing actor and in interviews seemed like such an amazing person.
LadyK8 06:21 PM 08-11-2014
He was a huge part of my childhood.
Laurel 06:53 PM 08-11-2014
That's so sad. I hate when addiction wins. I wish strength for his family.

Laurel
Jazminsdaycare 06:58 PM 08-11-2014
I Love This Actor So Much
does asphyxiation mean he hung himself?
it's so morbid to ask by I truly do not know

Heidi 07:00 PM 08-11-2014
Yeah, I dont' usually get too swept up in the celebrity thing, but when I heard this today, I was genuinely moved and sad.

Funny, brilliant intellect, sweet, seemingly kind. One of those people who'd struggled and persevered, who had a loving family and was financially well off. What a sad thing!

It's the weirdest thing: Last night, I actually dreamed about Robin Williams. I dreamed that I was in a restaurant, and he walked in. I contemplated bothering him by telling him how special I thought he was or just leaving him be.

I woke up wondering; WTH? Why was I dreaming about Robin Williams? Kind of and odd, random dream.

Like I said...weird!
Controlled Chaos 09:02 PM 08-11-2014
Oh Captain My Captain
bklsmum 02:25 AM 08-12-2014
A lot of times with celebrity deaths I think it's sad but don't give it too much thought but this one is really getting to me. RIP Robin.
Josiegirl 02:53 AM 08-12-2014
Wow, that hit me like a ton of bricks. I've loved his acting ever since his Mork and Mindy days. He was such a diversified actor. And so funny, real, human.

RIP Robin Williams
Sugar Magnolia 03:25 AM 08-12-2014
"Good Morning, Vietnam"......brilliant acting.
Josiegirl 03:44 AM 08-12-2014
I just cannot wrap my brain around this today. I keep wanting to yell No, take that back, it's not true!
I loved him in Good Will Hunting, Patch Adams, Jack, The Bird Cage, Awakenings....did he make a bad movie?
Reply Up