Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
First ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49  ... Last
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Venting Thread
amberrose3dg 04:15 AM 10-13-2017
It is looking like so. Her son came here this morning and said my mom is off today. She can get her kids from school and leave me be today.
Thank you. Today is also picture day so hopefully he stays dressed nice.
Unregistered 06:59 AM 10-13-2017
Originally Posted by amberrose3dg:
Today is my son's 6th birthday. I told a parent who is always late with a million excuses to make sure she is here 30 minutes before i close. Why because she is always super late. She was 25 minutes late yesterday"She was pulled over" for expired tags. Then she had nerve to have an attitude when i told her she had to pick up early today. Her kids don't normally even come on Fridays. I never know when they don't come on friday's, they just don't show up and then there is an excuse that follows later. I am glad today is Friday cause I feel like if anymore days were in this week some people wouldn't have daycare come Monday.
Happy Birthday to your son!

On a side note, the best termination I ever did was due to late pick ups. It gave my family our time back. Best.present.ever.
amberrose3dg 07:07 AM 10-13-2017
Oh it might be coming. She had nerve to roll her eyes at me when I said to be here by 430 today. I plan to start interviewing new families and replace the problem ones I have. Payment issues and pickup issues are the first out the door.
Unregistered 08:34 AM 10-15-2017
I got a letter from my new license rep about my annual inspection, where she told me that as of next year, they will be unannounced. I knew it, but this stinks.
These visits are 2+ hours and significantly take away from actual child care. They already do pop in visits every few months (which take about 30-40 minutes)
I was already not renewing when I'm up next year, but I'm hoping to be done sooner.
Josiegirl 03:34 PM 10-15-2017
Having a handbook has never been mandatory according to regulations(until now) but I've had one for years. I just spent all weekend revamping mine to reflect a much more professional form but man, are my eyes tired and I've accomplished nothing else.
This job sucks so much time away from my normal life.
Annalee 05:05 PM 10-15-2017
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Having a handbook has never been mandatory according to regulations(until now) but I've had one for years. I just spent all weekend revamping mine to reflect a much more professional form but man, are my eyes tired and I've accomplished nothing else.
This job sucks so much time away from my normal life.
I know the path well and do not wish it on anyone. I am sorry your state is implementing it now on you....gradually they will tell you WHAT to put in your handbook..and then your clients will have to sign a form in your contract that you give them all of the mandated info/forms in the handbook and the state will check it annually.....
daycarediva 03:50 AM 10-16-2017
Originally Posted by Annalee:
I know the path well and do not wish it on anyone. I am sorry your state is implementing it now on you....gradually they will tell you WHAT to put in your handbook..and then your clients will have to sign a form in your contract that you give them all of the mandated info/forms in the handbook and the state will check it annually.....
Our state already says we have to give info on searching for quality child care when enrolling.

So I put a bit about licensing regulations, ratios, staff turnover, etc in my handbook and the parents initial it.
Blackcat31 06:10 AM 10-16-2017
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
Our state already says we have to give info on searching for quality child care when enrolling.

So I put a bit about licensing regulations, ratios, staff turnover, etc in my handbook and the parents initial it.

My state requires that I give each family a copy of the state's licensing rules.

We are also told what info to put in our handbooks.
MomBoss 07:08 AM 10-16-2017
Drop off times getting later and later...i hate waiting for children to show up. I already told them past 8:30 you must let me know otherwise thanks for wasting my time making your kid breakfast!
Josiegirl 09:32 AM 10-16-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
My state requires that I give each family a copy of the state's licensing rules.

We just have to keep a copy of our regs accessible to parents. Nobody has even given it a 2nd glance yet. Lol
AFAIK, there isn't specific stuff we HAVE to put into our policies but there are certain things we do have to include in their folders. I got a template off a site in our state that has been *suggested* we use to 'make things easier' for us. Much of it goes into far more detail about certain things than mine ever did. Plus I modified it to my needs and wants. I liked some of my own content a lot better but I will say it does look much more professional now so guess I can't complain, well except for spending 10 hours on it this past weekend.
Play Care 10:25 AM 10-16-2017
My teacher day care mom is expecting, and asked if I'll have/hold TWO spots while she is out on maternity. For free.

Annalee 10:35 AM 10-16-2017
Originally Posted by Play Care:
My teacher day care mom is expecting, and asked if I'll have/hold TWO spots while she is out on maternity. For free.

These parents are something else! I had one to ask me once if they had another baby if the price would stay the same or would they pay double. The funniest part is when I realize they are serious like it's a buy one get one free deal????
amberrose3dg 10:43 AM 10-16-2017

Hahah. These parents.
Blackcat31 10:47 AM 10-16-2017

Hey Stranger!!! You are back in the biz?

I thought you decided to take a job outside the home.....
DaveA 10:55 AM 10-16-2017
These parents are something else! I had one to ask me once if they had another baby if the price would stay the same or would they pay double. The funniest part is when I realize they are serious like it's a buy one get one free deal????
I used to joke that I ran a "2 for 1" special at pickup. No one ever took me up on it.

But yeah- some parents just leave you going
daycarediva 10:56 AM 10-16-2017

That would be crazy! I have to hand hold to get them to read MY handbook. Can't imagine any of them even glancing at the book of regs.

LONG TIME NO 'SEE'!

and HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, I hope you laughed and asked if she was serious.
Play Care 10:58 AM 10-16-2017
Hey Stranger!!! You are back in the biz?

I thought you decided to take a job outside the home.....
Not yet, but getting close! I had planned on not renewing when my license is up next October, but hoping to be out well before. I went from having all toddler/preschoolers (my jam) to infants (UGH) and I am NOT an infant provider. It's really increased my overall dissatisfaction with the job
Being asked to hold two spots for free (when I already offer discounts for teachers) is kind of the icing on my career.
HappyEverAfter 02:21 PM 10-16-2017
I am so frustrated with this one DCB and DCM! He has health issues and has always been a fairly fussy baby but it's usually bc something hurts or he's sick. The past month or so though I am noticing DCB is wanting to be held all the time. When awake and asleep. When I dont hold him he launches into a full fledged scream that will literally go on until he is picked up. The second you start to pick him up he stops screaming and smiles. This is how I know it isn't related to his health issues. When he's screaming bc of health related issues he doesn't stop when you pick him up. I'd had him doing somewhat better with the needing to be held all the time and then DCM was off work all last week so he was only here sporadically and at home with her the rest of the time. She changed his sleep and feeding schedules everyday last week so she could have the luxury of sleeping in. Now today, back on his normal routine of feeding and theoretically sleeping, he is a rotten mess of screaming to be held. You can literally hear his scream outside my house, that's how loud it is. I feel like DCM undid all of my hard work (which wasn't even totally finished) and now I want to scream at her the way he is screaming at me. Why couldn't she just keep him on schedule and not spoil him with holding him 24/7??????
Hunni Bee 12:00 PM 10-18-2017
Yes, I'll take NAEYC, licensing, and branding inspections in the same month as milestone evals and parent teacher conferences.

And on the side, may I have two field trips, five weeks of my turn to lesson plan, class pictures and the same amount of stuff to contend with from my daughter's preschool?

Wake me up in November, please.

Oh yes, I forgot being called into my other job constantly for dessert.
Mom2Two 12:03 PM 10-18-2017
True. I wasn't able to get my license the first time over my handbook until I cut and pasted the state's guidance pages into my handbook. No inspector has even been nit-picky with me over how I implement guidance, but they were sure nit-picky over how it was worded in my handbook.
Miss A 09:59 AM 10-20-2017
Not daycare related.

My wedding is 11.18.17. Wedding invitations went out the last week of August. Now that we are less than a month away, i seem to jave a growing list of family and friends co tacting me to see if I am mad at them, because they never received an invitation. So many have been lost in the mail, I am so upset about it!

But...I did yell at our mail man and the post office a couple years ago because the mail man would never shut the mailbox after delivering the mail, and many a times I had to chase the mail down the highway or out of the corn field. Maybe I am on the USPS black list? LOL!
Blackcat31 10:09 AM 10-20-2017
Originally Posted by Miss A:
Not daycare related.

My wedding is 11.18.17. Wedding invitations went out the last week of August. Now that we are less than a month away, i seem to jave a growing list of family and friends co tacting me to see if I am mad at them, because they never received an invitation. So many have been lost in the mail, I am so upset about it!

But...I did yell at our mail man and the post office a couple years ago because the mail man would never shut the mailbox after delivering the mail, and many a times I had to chase the mail down the highway or out of the corn field. Maybe I am on the USPS black list? LOL!
I've heard stories before of mailmen/ladies purposely tossing out someone's outgoing mail due to being angry or upset at them. Did you mail your invitations from your mailbox or directly through the post office?

Im sorry you are dealing with stress of this... Its hard enough to plan a wedding let alone all the rest of it.

Miss A 10:15 AM 10-20-2017
I've heard stories before of mailmen/ladies purposely tossing out someone's outgoing mail due to being angry or upset at them. Did you mail your invitations from your mailbox or directly through the post office?

Im sorry you are dealing with stress of this... Its hard enough to plan a wedding let alone all the rest of it.

My fiancee took them into town and dropped them off at the post office one morning before work. He sorted them all into both the in town and out of town mail boxes like he was supposed to.

I don't mind texting family and friends the details, but I do mind that I paid for invitations and postage that never went where they were supposed to. I also don't want anyone to think we are mad at them or haee their feelings hurt about not getting an invite when they were supposed to.
storybookending 11:22 AM 10-20-2017
My niece who will be two in two weeks is frustrating me so much this week in regards to naps! The little girl who used to lay down and be my first one to sleep will not go down for the life of me. She’s up on her bed, she’s kicking her legs. She’s disturbing her friends and kicking/hitting the side rails and headboard. I’ve tried taking her blanket away, she cries but then gets over it and is back to her not sleeping ways. I’ve tried ignoring until it gets to the point that she’s being too disruptive and waking friends that have fallen asleep. I’ve been nice, I’ve been firm. I’ve sat next to her for an hour for two days straight. I’m about ready to get her pack n play back out and set it up downstairs in the extra bedroom (used only for storage) by herself. She’s doing it at night for mom and dad as well most nights and reverting back to screaming for milk (bottle) which they’ve had her off for months. They don’t give in for the record. I think maybe she’s getting her two year molars as we’ve been putting an abnormal amount of toys in our mouth. She’s also been waking up screaming (which we were over), yesterday she didn’t even want me to hold her (I’m her favorite person in the world, this is also not like her) and she just laid on the couch screaming “ow” while chewing on her blanket. She came out of it after about 10 minutes and was basically herself the rest of the afternoon. I hope we grow out of this soon! She’s already my handful child, but naps were the one things she was best at.
Play Care 05:50 AM 10-23-2017
No, day care mom, your child struggling during diaper changes does not mean she's ready to start potty training.
If anything it's the opposite. It means she doesn't care she has a full diaper and wants you to continue to let her play.
And there is no way I'm going to do any PT work when she's only here two day a week.
BumbleBee 10:41 AM 10-23-2017
Dear parents,
You signed up with a no transport daycare. Daycare is 3.5 blocks from school. Your snowflakes will not melt in the 7 minutes spent walking home in the rain.

Trust me on this one.
Hunni Bee 12:03 PM 10-23-2017
If my daughter's school does not answer the phone, I am going to come through it.

I've been calling for the last hour and the phone is just ringing endlessly. I just want her student ID number so I can sign her up for out-of-zone for kindergarten next year, but what if it was something urgent. Geez.
Unregistered 02:45 PM 10-23-2017
Please remind me that they are only babies!!! They are following me around constantly today. Getting under my feet and getting into everything they aren't allowed to get into! Pulling my hair out!!
HappyEverAfter 05:31 AM 10-24-2017
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Please remind me that they are only babies!!! They are following me around constantly today. Getting under my feet and getting into everything they aren't allowed to get into! Pulling my hair out!!
I often have to remind myself this. The other day my 1.5 yr old DCG was driving me nuts and I ended up telling her to shut up. She of course wasn't phased by it and carried on her shenanigans but my DH heard and he pointed it out to me. Honestly, until he pointed it out I hadn't even realized what I'd said. Sometimes they can really wear us down!
Hunni Bee 11:21 AM 10-24-2017
Director's kid: "But my mom said..."

I'm taking it with a grain of salt as of now because this kiddo is manipulative. But so is she, and if she wants an issue with one of her teachers, that's a great way to create one.
Josiegirl 02:32 PM 10-25-2017
Insurance companies. I loathe their tighter and tighter restrictions.
I'm on my 2nd insurance salesman and the way he talked, I'd have to jump through 1000 hoops to get homeowner's insurance if I'd even qualify. Lead test, furnace and oil tank ages, and a few other things that he mentioned. It never used to be this hard. He asked me what kind of dogs I have, told him lab mixes and he wanted to know what the mixes are. How the he!! should I know?? So it's not enough that I don't own any of the dogs known as 'vicious and evil'(I don't even want to get into that debate), now I have to prove to them what parts they're made of??
Argh.
TheMisplacedMidwestMom 02:49 PM 10-25-2017
Take the day off work for child's birthday. Child spends the day with me so mom can get things done. Irony anyone?
Josiegirl 02:53 PM 10-25-2017
Originally Posted by TheMisplacedMidwestMom:
Take the day off work for child's birthday. Child spends the day with me so mom can get things done. Irony anyone?
Ooh such bad form dcm.
amberrose3dg 03:56 AM 10-26-2017
Ugh that is pretty messed up. I am sorry but I can't help but feel bad for that kid.
Play Care 09:37 AM 10-26-2017
Started a new boy yesterday and things went very well. Mom has said he wasn't a big napper but would lay quietly on his mat. He did fall asleep for about an hour yesterday.

Today he's refusing to lay down so he's at the table with me. I have no where else for kids to be during quiet time and I am up front about not taking non-nappers because of this.

Ugh, not looking forward to having this talk today.
Blackcat31 01:03 PM 10-26-2017
Started a new boy yesterday and things went very well. Mom has said he wasn't a big napper but would lay quietly on his mat. He did fall asleep for about an hour yesterday.

Today he's refusing to lay down so he's at the table with me. I have no where else for kids to be during quiet time and I am up front about not taking non-nappers because of this.

Ugh, not looking forward to having this talk today.
Refusing? How old is he?
Play Care 01:37 PM 10-26-2017
Refusing? How old is he?
2 1/2
Unregistered 11:51 AM 10-27-2017
Both of my babies cry extremely LOUD! I feel like it's the new trend. TGIF!
storybookending 12:34 PM 10-27-2017
everyone is leaving early for down town trick or treating except the two that need to leave the most! TGIF
Josiegirl 04:07 PM 10-27-2017
Originally Posted by storybookending:
everyone is leaving early for down town trick or treating except the two that need to leave the most! TGIF
Isn't it always the way??
BumbleBee 06:24 PM 10-27-2017
Managed to sprain both of my ankles early Thursday morning. School had 1/2 days thurs and fri. That whole elevate and ice thing didn't really happen with 12 kids under 6 in my house for 6.5 hours each day. They hurt like he'll tonight!
Josiegirl 01:57 AM 10-28-2017
Originally Posted by BumbleBee:
Managed to sprain both of my ankles early Thursday morning. School had 1/2 days thurs and fri. That whole elevate and ice thing didn't really happen with 12 kids under 6 in my house for 6.5 hours each day. They hurt like he'll tonight!
Oh Ouch! Hope you can make up the ice and elevate this weekend!!! Heal quickly.
Cat Herder 09:21 AM 10-30-2017
Just got the "How is *snookums doing?" text. - First time in 3 years.

Me: "Not a fan of cleanup, but otherwise having fun in free art. Is there something I should be concerned about?"

"No, I was just wondering."

Snookums is 4.5, low maintenance, so now I am nervously awaiting the lunch time fever, vomiting or meltdown. Why? Why do even golden families start this just before they age out. Is mom messing with my head or covering an illness. Inquiring minds want to know. Kid seems perfect, well 4.5 mouthy , but otherwise perfect.
daycarediva 11:28 AM 10-30-2017
ALL of them do it, too!

I would start sending daily updates.

Snookums is fine today!

Snookums is having a great day!

When questioned- oh, I thought you were wondering about how he was doing here since you sent me a text asking about him yesterday and that hasn't happened in over 3 years.

Hopefully no after lunch fever suddenly strikes!
Cat Herder 11:37 AM 10-30-2017
ALL of them do it, too!

I would start sending daily updates.

Snookums is fine today!

Snookums is having a great day!

When questioned- oh, I thought you were wondering about how he was doing here since you sent me a text asking about him yesterday and that hasn't happened in over 3 years.

Hopefully no after lunch fever suddenly strikes!
That would be classic. This is one who is "not allowed to have a cell phone at work".

I tried that line once, myself, it did not fly.

Nap is over soon, no signs of anything, goes home in an hour, perfectly charming little dude. As always.
daycarediva 10:00 AM 10-31-2017
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
That would be classic. This is one who is "not allowed to have a cell phone at work".

I tried that line once, myself, it did not fly.

Nap is over soon, no signs of anything, goes home in an hour, perfectly charming little dude. As always.
GOOD! Makes you wonder though!
Indoorvoice 05:51 AM 11-01-2017
Definitely snort laughed in dcm's face this morning when she told me any diarrhea was due to dck eating unlimited amounts of candy last night. Nice try at a disclaimer dcm, but it's not flying. Not today!
amberrose3dg 06:14 AM 11-01-2017
Today has already been a nightmare and it is only 9am.
A 2 year old boy had a fever Monday. He was not here yesterday and grandparents came in town this week to help. Parents tell me right before drop off they are bringing him. So he is here throwing a fit and upset because he wanted to be with them. I am sure he is probably still sick and fever may reappear.

6 month old dropped off. Mom says I think she might of pooped. I get baby out of car seat **** everywhere.
She drives off right away. I doubt she didn't know she had a massive blowout.

Other baby had a low fever last night but does not have one today and it is probably from teething(says dad). Kicker dad is home today.

I want to seriously tell some parents off. I bet I will be calling for picks up today cause kids are actually sick and parents are trying to pull a fast one.
Cat Herder 06:21 AM 11-01-2017
Jerry Brown exists.
Play Care 07:47 AM 11-01-2017
If I was doing this longer I would start being closed the day after Halloween.

Also, for some reason the cover on my garbage can fascinates my day care kids. So much so they are constantly messing with it. Guess what broke this morning?!
AmyKidsCo 12:29 PM 11-01-2017
SO TIRED of kids who won't nap! (no pun intended)

Yesterday was a just-turned-two year old who kept himself awake tossing and turning all afternoon.

Today is a 19 mo old who's doing the same thing.

I've NEVER had this much problem getting kids to nap before these 3 new ones. I think it's because they didn't start as infants so someone else "trained" them.
amberrose3dg 08:05 AM 11-02-2017
And now i have 3 kids with hand foot and mouth.
My own two kids as well.
That kid that had a fever on Monday that was fine next day?
Yeah him. I have a wedding to go to Saturday. I hope I do not end up with it.
Play Care 10:30 AM 11-02-2017
The new boy is great, once his mom leaves. And she.won't.leave.
Today was beyond annoying as he was FINE and then she started asking him how his leg felt from his shot YESTERDAY. Which started the "don't leave!" and tears business. Finally almost 20 minutes later my assistant came and I had to bring my other dcb to preschool so she had to leave so I could.
Then the texts asking how he's doing. I just say "he's great!" because he is.
Mom says he doesn't like quiet time but surprise, surprise, he's the first one asleep usually
Miss A 11:13 AM 11-02-2017
Toddlers all laid down for nap, and I go to start a load of towels and find a dead mouse next to the Tide. Hazard of farm living during harvest season, nothing too strange. Wish my heart would get over the startle of almost touching the thing bare handed though. 911 Emergency Snapchats to DH before mouse removal, and excess Lysol spraying afterwards means Miss A gets a stolen Halloween snickers as a reward.
amberrose3dg 06:54 AM 11-03-2017
All my toddlers and my own two kids wiped out with hand and foot. My husband takes my son to get a drs note for school and sees a part time daycare parent. I'm sure she will expect to bring him Monday. He is the last one showing symptoms he will need to stay home so it does not spread back around.
SnowGirl 09:27 AM 11-03-2017
A PT/drop in family that I am caring for while I fill in FT slots has tried binging their daughter three weeks in a row and I tell them every time "you can't bring her until you have the health eval filled out by a pediatrician and a vaccine report". And every week they act like it's brand new information.

Needless to say, I'm glad they won't be FT, and that I can just stop bothering with them soon.
Play Care 10:06 AM 11-03-2017
I am not an infant person, and for the last two years I've had infants out the wazoo. I am so done.
daycarediva 11:24 AM 11-03-2017
I am not an infant person, and for the last two years I've had infants out the wazoo. I am so done.
SORRY! I am NOT an infant person either.
Play Care 12:53 PM 11-03-2017
SORRY! I am NOT an infant person either.
Baby woke after a 2 1/2 hour nap happy. Took bottle, changed. Within a half an hour the whining starts. Then she's crawling after me crying. I've sat down to play with her and she was okay (still whiney but not all out crying). As soon as I get up (I'm trying to get kids ready to leave, clean up from snack, etc) it's back to crying. She's clean, fed, and napped. I am DONE
Unregistered 05:14 AM 11-06-2017
Why it is always the same family that starts the illnesses? Last Friday siblings were both coughing a bit when they arrived and again during quite time. It was a deep nasty cough, but not consistent enough to exclude. Today, almost everyone is coughing. This family almost ALWAYS starts the illnesses...pink eye, stomach bugs, HFM, colds, viruses. Seriously, they start everything! I even had another mom comment, "Those damn "Smith's"" because she knew where the illness started. And they never keep the kids home, I always have to call for pick up. My conclusion is their diet at home must be terrible!
storybookending 03:05 PM 11-06-2017
It’s dark out already
daycarediva 09:45 AM 11-07-2017
Baby woke after a 2 1/2 hour nap happy. Took bottle, changed. Within a half an hour the whining starts. Then she's crawling after me crying. I've sat down to play with her and she was okay (still whiney but not all out crying). As soon as I get up (I'm trying to get kids ready to leave, clean up from snack, etc) it's back to crying. She's clean, fed, and napped. I am DONE
Oh nooooooo. Dependent, clingy, unhappy babies are the pits.
Unregistered 10:15 AM 11-07-2017
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Why it is always the same family that starts the illnesses? Last Friday siblings were both coughing a bit when they arrived and again during quite time. It was a deep nasty cough, but not consistent enough to exclude. Today, almost everyone is coughing. This family almost ALWAYS starts the illnesses...pink eye, stomach bugs, HFM, colds, viruses. Seriously, they start everything! I even had another mom comment, "Those damn "Smith's"" because she knew where the illness started. And they never keep the kids home, I always have to call for pick up. My conclusion is their diet at home must be terrible!
Any guesses who I had to send home for possible HFM?! Dad said when he picked up "Yeah, she had fever the other night, but was acting fine." No one told me she had a fever!
amberrose3dg 10:23 AM 11-07-2017
UGH! I went through that last week. Parents kept kid home Tuesday had a fever. Then sent Wednesday cause he was fine. He had a rash the next day.
4 other kids have/had it.
The last one is feeling better and be back tomorrow. His older brother has it now. Im gonna tell her to keep him home rest of the week. Sorry but i do not want it back here.
Kajbk 11:09 AM 11-07-2017
17 month old and 15 month old constantly taking toys from each other. 7 month old won't nap. Ugh I want today to be over.
Josiegirl 03:55 AM 11-08-2017
My 2 youngest, 5 mo and 13 mo, didn't nap yesterday afternoon, at all. Thankfully, lots of cuddling helped with the 13 mo and the 5 mo is super good anyways. But it does make the day go by so slow when we get no break to speak of. I hope the 13 mo feels better today because ordinarily she's a great little sleeper.
BumbleBee 05:19 AM 11-08-2017
7am had to deal with an upset dcm because her 4 yr old told her he'd rather live with me. He's 4, get over it dcm.
LysesKids 08:10 AM 11-08-2017
Originally Posted by BumbleBee:
7am had to deal with an upset dcm because her 4 yr old told her he'd rather live with me. He's 4, get over it dcm.
Hell, I've dealt with that when kids were 16-18 months; I actually had a few moms breakdown in a river of tears when their littles wanted to stay here & not go home. One clung on to me so tight it took us 5 minutes to pry him loose
Josiegirl 02:57 PM 11-09-2017
Dcd does NOT want to question the late fees I'm charging after the way today went.
Jupadia 05:29 AM 11-10-2017
Snow / cold weather.

Small vent it got cold I put off buying my son's winter boots cause I thought I had some stored away. But when I checked this week nope nothing in his size. So I was going to wait till this weekend. But it got cold last night now around -15 c. So I'm being lazy skipping walk to school and keeping him home for the day. Last thing I want to do is send him without the right stuff for the day. The only reason I even thought to keep him home is cause it's Jr. Kinder and he is only 4. So even if I give him rain boots with e tra socks, I know my kid it just would not work out without extra work for his teacher who already has 25 kids between her and a ECE teacher. But I'm down 2 kids today (sisters with the flu), so at least my day is s bit lighter.
Blackcat31 06:34 AM 11-10-2017
It's been cold and snowy here for a while now but today is -13F so it's cold.... if one more parent says they haven't been able to find warm mittens, I am going to close until it's Spring...... those same parents will say that with a straight face while dressed like they're heading off to an expedition in the Arctic.
LysesKids 07:02 AM 11-10-2017
It's been cold and snowy here for a while now but today is -13F so it's cold.... if one more parent says they haven't been able to find warm mittens, I am going to close until it's Spring...... those same parents will say that with a straight face while dressed like they're heading off to an expedition in the Arctic.
I know right... I handed a print off to every parent last week. It got real cold then warmer during the week & now in 30's again, do they send littles in the correct outfits, thankfully YES. First year I haven't had to remind anyone twice
Josiegirl 09:14 AM 11-10-2017
It's the first cold day here we've had, wind chill of around 7. Dcb came with no mittens or snow pants; everybody else was good to go. Well, except for the 2 dcgs with rain boots.

And gloves!!! Does anyone loathe gloves for little kids??? They're too thin and a PITA for kids to put on so of course, it takes us an extra 5 minutes getting gloves on, only to have them shed before we even get out the door. Thankfully, I have a box of mittens and hats in case we need them.
Leigh 10:19 AM 11-10-2017
I'd be inclined to believe that they can't find them...I took my son to Target, and they had only ONE pair of gloves in my son's size, and ONE pair of mittens (warm ones-there were lots of those sweater gloves). I bought them both and then had to come home to order more. By Christmas time, finding gloves/mittens around here is nearly impossible! The way my daycare kids lose gloves and mittens, I figured I should be prepared for him to lose a bunch of them at school!
Leigh 10:20 AM 11-10-2017
It's the first cold day here we've had, wind chill of around 7. Dcb came with no mittens or snow pants; everybody else was good to go. Well, except for the 2 dcgs with rain boots.

And gloves!!! Does anyone loathe gloves for little kids??? They're too thin and a PITA for kids to put on so of course, it takes us an extra 5 minutes getting gloves on, only to have them shed before we even get out the door. Thankfully, I have a box of mittens and hats in case we need them.
I hate gloves for the little ones, too! I saw a mitten (?) that has no thumb hole-never saw those before, and thought that ALL of my kids under 3 should have these!
Jupadia 10:42 AM 11-10-2017
I buy kids socks from the dollar store and use those for anyone who pulls off their mittens. They go up further so the little can't get them off, plus no thumb spot to worry about.
storybookending 11:02 AM 11-10-2017

I saw someone on here mention that they buy sweaters a size or so larger than the child wears and sews the sleeves shut. I might try looking for sweaters at goodwill this weekend and try this out. It would just be for my two under 2s. The older girls all keep their mittens on. We’ve had cold but only had a real snowfall one day so far and it was last Saturday and melted by Monday.
pintsize 03:23 PM 11-10-2017
I love when parents whom are NOT at work leave their child at daycare until the last possible minute.

And yes, I have contracted hours but mom one is on maternity leave so baby comes 15 min later and leaves 15 min later for 6 weeks because grandma drops off and picks up. Mom was at Walmart an hour and a half ago, Walmart is less than a mile from my house, just come get your kid, it's Friday!

Mom 2 contracted hours until 5:30, changed with her new job. I miss the 5:00 pick ups. But today she's not even at work. She posted on Facebook 3 times today about her neck pain, doctor appt and chiropractor appointment. Ok so you wanted to bring your kid while you went to the doctor, I understand. Your paying for your spot. BUT Why is he still here at 5:23, I close in 7 min and your not at work!!
hottie8962 08:42 PM 11-10-2017
someone stole the kids car seats(mine i keep) i cant believe people do stuff like that.thats just crazy to steal a kids carseats .
MomBoss 01:50 PM 11-13-2017
Vomit and diarrhea going around in my daycare...
LysesKids 07:29 AM 11-14-2017
What happens when 3 of 4 littles grabs an open bag of Chex Mix when Nana isn't looking... oh yeah When he** of a mess
amberrose3dg 09:04 AM 11-14-2017
Uh Oh
I'm only scheduled to be closed Thursday and Friday next week. Just found out, out of 12 kids only 1 will be coming.
Darn I should of closed for Wednesday also.
I asked mom if she could please find other arrangements if possible. He is school age and will complain how bored he is for 9 hours. I will keep him since I said I was open but I also reminded her it is extra cause there is no school. Hoping that pushes her to leave him with a friend.
Miss A 10:28 AM 11-14-2017
Today is my last day of daycare before being off for 12 days. We were going to have a laid back, fun day. Playing, watching "Cars", and cookies for snack.

3/4 kids woke up from AM nap with fevers, I gliding my own. My own also threw up, and I'm starting to feel like I will be too by this afternoon. I DO NOT need the stomach flu. I get married in 4 days. Why couldn't this happen next week, after the wedding?!?
Unregistered 06:35 AM 11-15-2017
I've decided that I must be miserable in my job because I could hang out on the venting thread all day! I think it's because most people don't understand what we deal with every day! Anyway, I use to love it when my DD would stick up for her little sisters. I can't stand it when the DCKs do it. They usually want little bro or sis to get his/her way and will lie to make that happen or protect them. I guess that's a good thing, but it drives me crazy! Little sis was sitting on a chair playing toys, she gets up to play with something else. She comes back a while later and wants her chair back. Sorry, someone else has already sat there. Big bro tattles to me "sister was there first". Yeah, like an hour ago! He does this A LOT! Oh man, I'm letting the little things get to me!
amberrose3dg 12:45 PM 11-15-2017
I'm ready to give a termination notice! Daycare mom didn't bring her kid last week he was sick. She never paid for last week and now saying how poor she is since she didn't work. I'm like so done with these parents ! You pay or you find someone else. I have bills too!
Josiegirl 03:28 AM 11-17-2017
Ah cripe,
Dcd and dcm went to court this week and now dcd HAS to pick up dcb at least a couple days a week, which for me, means late pick-up by 15 minutes each time. Crap.
Doubling my late pick-up fees soon!!!
Blackcat31 07:21 AM 11-17-2017
Ah cripe,
Dcd and dcm went to court this week and now dcd HAS to pick up dcb at least a couple days a week, which for me, means late pick-up by 15 minutes each time. Crap.
Doubling my late pick-up fees soon!!!
Sounds to me like DCD HAS to leave work early to pick up so he is on time.

This change is HIS issue to accommodate not yours.

I would NOT be okay with that. When it's closing time I just want to go home. period. I don't care what the courts told a parent. The judge didn't say you have to remain open. He just said DCD has to pick up.
amberrose3dg 09:38 AM 11-17-2017
Sounds to me like DCD HAS to leave work early to pick up so he is on time.

This change is HIS issue to accommodate not yours.

I would NOT be okay with that. When it's closing time I just want to go home. period. I don't care what the courts told a parent. The judge didn't say you have to remain open. He just said DCD has to pick up.
Blackcat for the win!
I also agree with her. I wouldn't stay open later.
Josiegirl 09:50 AM 11-17-2017
Originally Posted by amberrose3dg:
Blackcat for the win!
I also agree with her. I wouldn't stay open later.
True. I will be changing my policies to start after the holidays(3 strikes and you're out). Until then, a newsletter will be going home Monday, including an immediate doubling of late fees. Thing is, he gets out at 5 and works less than a 5 minute drive away, on a slow day). He comes rushing in at 5:15 acting like he did his best to get here on time. I think he's just mad because the court has laid responsibility on him as a dad, when his ex gf couldn't get him to listen to her.
CeriBear 05:13 AM 11-22-2017
I get so frustrated when friends and family members refer to what I do as babysitting.

ME: I’m ready for the long weekend coming up. It’s been a hard week.

THEM: How is playing with children so hard? I think babysitting is fun. Try working in customer service at this time of year.?

ME: Grrr
Blackcat31 06:13 AM 11-22-2017
Originally Posted by CeridwenLynne:
I get so frustrated when friends and family members refer to what I do as babysitting.

THEM: How is playing with children so hard? I think babysitting is fun. Try working in customer service at this time of year.?

Jut reply with something snarky about adults....

"The kids ARE fun! I love playing with them! Unfortunately, it's the adults that I have to deal with. NONE of them seem to understand how much work I put into things behind the scenes so that I CAN play and have fun with the kids."
nannyde 06:43 AM 11-22-2017
Originally Posted by CeridwenLynne:

Just like in your job, the product is awesome. It's the customers that are the problem.
MomBoss 07:40 AM 11-22-2017
Teacher parents are off today but still brought their kids to daycare.
midaycare 07:50 AM 11-22-2017
Are you kidding Me? Dcb comes in underwear - he is NOT ready. Pees all over himself and my floor. I have zero extra clothes from dcm and now we can't go outside today. INSERT MANY CURSE WORDS HERE
Annalee 09:07 AM 11-22-2017
Originally Posted by MomBoss:
THis is exactly why I started closing on Wednesday before Thanksgiving. I reached a point rather than make me irritable about the situation, I closed with the school calendar with the exception of Summer. Plus I get lots of my Thanksgiving cooking done so I don't have to rush so much and my own sons love it. They are in and out of the woods today hunting but it feels good to just be home with no daycare!
Leigh 10:11 AM 11-22-2017
Originally Posted by midaycare:
Are you kidding Me? Dcb comes in underwear - he is NOT ready. Pees all over himself and my floor. I have zero extra clothes from dcm and now we can't go outside today. INSERT MANY CURSE WORDS HERE
"DCM, you forgot to put a diaper on DCB and he has peed all over himself and my home. I need you to come pick him up, since he has nothing to wear." Then, you can go outside.
Josiegirl 03:41 AM 11-23-2017
Just a whine and since we don't have a whining thread I'll stick it here.
I'm sick, tired, and really do not want to spend the day in a house filled with tension(couple is in the process of divorce but still living together), along with my brother and his family who I'm not that fond of. I just want to be left alone, with my dogs and some pumpkin pie and call it good. I'm being selfish and bitter but work is doing me in lately and with Christmas coming, I have absolutely no desire to join in any festivities. My brain, my mind and my heart are all saying no, no, no to everything that's coming.

Ugh.
Cat Herder 06:05 AM 11-23-2017
I'm sick.
Go with it. Sounds like someone woke up with a teething fever and needs a day of Hallmark movies, hot chocolate and pj's.

It is ok to take the day back if you want to.
amberrose3dg 03:41 AM 11-27-2017
Originally Posted by MomBoss:
Yup i had two teacher families guaranteed to send their kids to me when i am open. I decided to also close when the school is closed.
BumbleBee 07:13 AM 11-27-2017
Why on earth did I schedule a tour for 6pm on the Monday after a 4 day break?

My house is a disaster and the kids are cranky. Lovely.
Tags:social media, vent
First ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49  ... Last
Reply Up