Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Child Going Hours Without Having A Wet Diaper
Ac114 11:37 AM 12-14-2018
I have had DCB 3 in my care just over a year. He can go all day and not have a single wet diaper. He drinks plenty of fluids here and parents joke that they only have to change him once or twice a day. He’s definitely not ready to start potty training, he doesn’t understand the concept at all. I do see some developmental delays but I don’t know if the 2 issues are connected. What are your thoughts? I just find it so odd.
hwichlaz 11:40 AM 12-14-2018
if he's soaking the diaper when he does go, then I wouldn't worry. He's not dehydrated, he just has bladder control.
Michael 11:53 AM 12-14-2018
We have a similar previous thread: https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65953
Ariana 12:56 PM 12-14-2018
I have had two kids like this in care. One had developmental delays and the other one did not. No idea what is going on! Neither set of parents cared when I mentioned it.
Jiminycrickets 09:29 AM 12-17-2018
My own youngest is like this. Once he went over 16 hours overnight without going and I was starting to freak out a bit. Then he filled his potty seat up to the brim and trotted off happy as a clam. Nothing wrong with him, drinks a reasonable amount, healthy and well on track developmentally. We call him the camel.
It actually made potty training harder because he could hold it virtually all day until he was back in a diaper for bed. Overnight training was a snap, though.
Ac114 10:06 AM 12-17-2018
Originally Posted by Jiminycrickets:
My own youngest is like this. Once he went over 16 hours overnight without going and I was starting to freak out a bit. Then he filled his potty seat up to the brim and trotted off happy as a clam. Nothing wrong with him, drinks a reasonable amount, healthy and well on track developmentally. We call him the camel.
It actually made potty training harder because he could hold it virtually all day until he was back in a diaper for bed. Overnight training was a snap, though.
That makes sense. I’ve just never came across anything like this so I was wondering if I should be more worried than I was.
Tags:won't - pee
Reply Up