Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>When to Call...
Checkinkids.com 05:44 PM 01-31-2012
I have a parent that brings the child after breakfast time. Then says "Well he wouldn't eat very well this morning...or last night." The child is very cranky until he gets food, then settles right down. The thing is - our breakfast time is over by the time he shows up and I don't have the heart or ears to let him go till 11 without food. I tell the parent but they just do the same thing. He also now has a big rash on his face and the mom says she called the nurse who said not to worry unless it is also on his hand. But the rash is bad. Finally after I scolded the mom and she got a doctors appt., but she wasn't going to take him till Friday! - till I scolded more.

Is this big time neglect? Should I be calling CPS?
cheerfuldom 06:45 PM 01-31-2012
No. You cant know for sure what this rash is or that the boy is not refusing breakfast. I would make them keep him home till after he has gone to the doctor. I do not let kids come with rashes, period. As for the food, I would insist that they feed him at home or send a snack with him to daycare. If I fed him on a regular basis, I would charge for that.
Tags:breakfast, cps, neglect, rash
Reply Up