Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Husbands and Childcare
Country Kids 02:56 PM 03-12-2012
OK, many of us have stayed home to raise our children and did childcare to help with the finances.

We have gone over many times about the pros/cons of doing childcare with having children and how they are effected by it.

How many of your husbands like/dislike the childcare and what are the reasons?

Mine likes it for the income and we have pretty much had great families.

Dislikes would be wear/tear on house, me being limited to days off, me relying on him alot to be able to run kids to appt., lots of housework every night/weekend. Also, I need things to run a certain way with having childcare here and I think it stresses him because things don't always go the way I need and I vent to him. Me being stressed alot stresses him, so I try not to say much to him but I've had some weekends that I just broke down and cried.
littlemissmuffet 03:01 PM 03-12-2012
Husband loves that I am home, do childcare... and loves the kids too! He is my PT assistant and he helps ALOT. It's always him who reminds me of the many positives to being a stay-at-home-childcare provider when I need a reminder. If he knows I'm having a horrible day for whatever reason, he'll stay home/come home and hold the fort down while I bath or have a nap to reset. I am very fortunate and grateful to have such a great man!
daycare 03:03 PM 03-12-2012
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
OK, many of us have stayed home to raise our children and did childcare to help with the finances.

We have gone over many times about the pros/cons of doing childcare with having children and how they are effected by it.

Dislikes would be wear/tear on house, me being limited to days off, me relying on him alot to be able to run kids to appt., lots of housework every night/weekend. Also, I need things to run a certain way with having childcare here and I think it stresses him because things don't always go the way I need and I vent to him. Me being stressed alot stresses him, so I try not to say much to him but I've had some weekends that I just broke down and cried.
My husband and older kids both have been a blessing with my childcare.

They have never said they dont like it, but I can tell that sometimes when my husband is off on a week day that it gets to him. I just ask him to have plans for those days. GO play golf, go to a friends house, run, work out, whatever he needs.

My older two enjoy the kids in the summer participating and they get paid by me when they do. It's never a JOB for any of them, it's my job.

My daughter loves it too, because she is 14 and very creative. She painted the walls for me, draws stuff for me and etc.

I have a book on my desk that outlines what needs to be done daily. to open and close the daycare. It also says how much I will pay them if they do it.

My kids will pick one to two of the items on the list each day and then I pay them. They love it. If they don't do it, that means that I have to, but then I dont have to pay them anything.

They take care of the normal parts of the house and this is without payment...

I think that my husband love it....so far no complaints
Country Kids 03:04 PM 03-12-2012
Originally Posted by littlemissmuffet:
Husband loves that I am home, do childcare... and loves the kids too! He is my PT assistant and he helps ALOT. It's always him who reminds me of the many positives to being a stay-at-home-childcare provider when I need a reminder. If he knows I'm having a horrible day for whatever reason, he'll stay home/come home and hold the fort down while I bath or have a nap to reset. I am very fortunate and grateful to have such a great man!
My hubby has never had a job where he could just stay home/come home to help me with the childcare. You are very fortunate to have a hubby that can do that.
Blackcat31 03:33 PM 03-12-2012
My hubby has never had a job where he could just stay home/come home to help me with the childcare. You are very fortunate to have a hubby that can do that.
My DH works at home (he has a wood shop at our house) but I don't work at home...LOL!

DH comes into the daycare every day at lunch time and is 100% hands-on with lunch and rest time. As soon as all the kiddos are situated for naps/rest time, we eat lunch together and chat.

After that he heads home and gets back to whatever he has going on.

Because he is also self-employed, he is also always available for help when we do field trips or anything else that requires a 2nd adult or assistant.

Sometimes on his slow days, he will come in and just hang out and have fun with the DCK's as they him! (HE is defintely the fun guy here as I am a total rule follower....) I think it is great that he does this though as he is the only male influence some of my dck's have.

He 100% supports that I do child care because "how" I do it, has none of thenormal downfalls that most providers have. ie. house trashed, parents in and out of our home, etc etc.

I would think the only complaint he has ever had is that he has to take care of two homes. Repairs, lawn, plowing etc. And even then, he has actually NEVER complained about that...I just figure it adds to his work load and I feel bad sometimes.
cheerfuldom 03:37 PM 03-12-2012
Daycare originally caused a lot of strife between my husband and I. Basically, he thought that it would be an easy way for me to make money, take care of the kids and do all the housework during the day and then take on more in the evening so he could take a break. His expectations were very high and he had no clue what daycare parents would do to me, what the kids would do to the house and what sacrifices he would have to make (hearing kids screaming when he was home sick, toys all over the place and such). We are MUCH better now about the reality of home daycare and are both on the same page as far as me closing down as soon as possible. It was really hard there for awhile because he was making me feel lazy about not keeping up or not taking more kids and stupid for not being able to handle it all. Daycare is something we have had to do to make ends meet but definitely not our first choice. Now he is quick to give advice to other people considering it and quicker to see that I am doing A LOT. He hates when our SAHM mom friends complain about being busy and tired and makes me laugh as he details to them what all I have been doing for five years. total 180 turnaround.
MarinaVanessa 03:42 PM 03-12-2012
My DH likes that I am the one that gets to take care of our kids and he knows that they'll never be in better hands. He loves kids and the DC kids feel this I think because they love him so he likes coming home and being swarmed by all the little smiling faces. He also likes that I can make more money doing this than what I was making before when I was working management at a retail store. He loves that I have a Monday through Friday schedule and that even though I'm technically working, when he comes home at 4pm we can talk to each other about our days etc.

He doesn't like that he has to be careful and put everything away as he uses it like toothpaste, mouthwash, shampoo etc. He also doesn't like that I leave the afternoon dishes until the end of the day to clean up. He hates having a sink full of dishes and ends up washing them for me lol. He doesn't really have any complaints, he helps me out a lot and will even take the day or afternoon off and watch the DC kids so that I can go to appointments and such instead of having to pay an assistant.

I hear a lot of stories in my area about unsupportive husbands, I don't know how I'd be able to do daycare without my DH's support and blessing.
saved4always 03:51 PM 03-12-2012
My husband doesn't like it cuz he says it makes me grouchy all the time. We don't really "need" the money so he has never insisted that I have a job, so I don't think it is worth it to him if I am a grouch (I think some of that has to do with peri-menopause, too, though ). I have done it more just to have extra money for non-needs. He did like it that I have been home when my kids got home from school which I would not have been if I had a job outside my home.

He is right...it does make me grouchy. I hate the wear and tear on my house and the kids coming in with boogers and coughs. That is why we both are excited that I will be working at my church's daycare soon. I can still make some extra money but I can do it someplace that is NOT my house and I should still usually be home in time for my youngest's bus (if not, a neighbor will take her til I get there).
frugalmama4 04:52 PM 03-12-2012
Good Thread!

I think it's both for my hubby..some days he loves the fact that I'm able to stay home...others not such much. I don't know how many times I have told him he would become the mobile parent i.e. (doctor appointments, earns, school meetings etc) before I started this. And since he's against having a assistant he has to be my back up when I'm sick and.or have an doctor appointment myself.

Honestly I know he loves the dck's he has a big heart when it comes to children...I just think sometimes it's hard for him to really be supportive because he's trying to start his own business "sports trainer" and things get a little green sometimes. But that's for another thread!
Sugar Magnolia 05:57 PM 03-12-2012
Country, my husband serves as teacher, janitor, storyteller, coach, Facility Manager (he cuts the lawn and all other maintenance of 100 year old building), Supply Manager (he does all the shopping), Musical Director (violin lessons), and about a thousand other things for fifty hours a week. Then we go home and he is head chef, dad to our boys, musician and husband. Thanks Country, for the opportunity to give him some props. I love him. :-)
MizzCheryl 06:38 PM 03-12-2012
1st husband hated it but what didn't he hate. He was a poopie head.

New hubbie is cool with it. Loves the kids. The kids Love him. But sometimes they talk his head off. He loves that wa can eat lunch together and drink a cup of coffe at nap time. He is wonderful.
Oneluckymom 06:53 PM 03-12-2012
My husband loves that I am doing daycare and encouraged "almost begged me to do it." We do need the extra money for a couple of years (he's working on a post graduate kinda thing). But he says after that its up to me if I wanna keep doing it I'm just gonna say I'll decide when I get there

However, I was always the one (SAHM) to do all the Dr. appts and running around, but my husband has really stepped in to fill that spot since I don't get paid when I close.

My kids are still little so some days they like it and some days they don't ( mostly when I'm about to go bonkers on a stressful day).
DCBlessings27 06:54 PM 03-12-2012

My husband and I have had some learning curves throughout the 2.5 years since I started the daycare. I quit my teaching job, and I'd been making more than he was at the time so we started the daycare to help pay bills. Finally, dh is making enough that we'd be able to pay the bills without my income but not have any extras. So, I continue the daycare to have some luxuries. Our other issue was that we started with the daycare in our living room. Dh was miserable because his living room was cluttered with toys, and he felt as if he had no space. We never really used our large dining room and have a breakfast nook area in our kitchen large enough for our table, so we converted the dining room into the daycare play area. That freed the living room up so that dh is happy.

Likes: That dd loves playing with her friends and I get to be home with her. That we are able to do nice vacations, have nice cars, extra money. That the kids call him Mr. *** and love him.

Dislikes: Wear and tear on the house, kids who are sick with colds that make dd sick, when the state regs make me stressed
kathiemarie 07:34 PM 03-12-2012
To be honest I can't not remember one time when my DH complained about me doing DC. Maybe about the couch gettig dirty but I remind him that we have a dog, 2 cats and 3 of our own kids that use the couch way more than the DC kids do and he gets over it.

He is my back up when I have doctors appt. or other things to do. The kids love him. Infact, he watched them last week and the kids were so happy. One told her mom that *** is watching them today so we are going to have a PARTY! (free play all day! ) I am very lucky.
SimpleMom 08:28 PM 03-12-2012
My dh thought I would be able to make dinner, run a household, care for the kids, etc., etc. ....alone without going nutso He figured it out about a year later when he had Friday's off and helped me with the kids and dcks. He had a whole new appreciation for what I do after that.
bunnyslippers 05:13 AM 03-13-2012
My husband is very supportive and loves that I am home taking care of our children while they are small. He helps when he can, and does all the maintenance around the house. He is great with the kids when he is here, and the kids love him. He helps whenever he can.

He is also getting pretty tired of the constant stream of people in and out of our house. He talks often of the day when we can "get our house back." I must say that I agree with him!

Daycare has been great for the past few years - it pays the bills and we have worked with some great families. I do look forward to the day sometime in the next year or so when I can close down, though!
countrymom 05:27 AM 03-13-2012
my dh never complains, but he works all day and goes to school at night so I have to kind of do everything till he's done school. Oh wait, the only thing he complains is when people don't pay me, it drives him crazy.
beachgrl 07:22 AM 03-13-2012
Originally Posted by countrymom:
my dh never complains, but he works all day and goes to school at night so I have to kind of do everything till he's done school. Oh wait, the only thing he complains is when people don't pay me, it drives him crazy.
Same here, hubby works third shift five nights a week, never has two days off together and goes to school four long days a week, 17 hours this his last semster...and I work the daycare all week go to graduate school online and this semester i have to go to school on campus two nights a week too..we are just hanging on and prsying to make it to may! I managed to get my final two semesters lined up where i can at least be off from school through the summer!

My hubby encouraged me to do it because he believed in my ability to run a successful business and because he saw what i went through in the school system. He knew how stressed and unhappy i was for a long time..not due to the kids but everything else. Our house is big enough that the daycare is separate for the most part, our house is a fixer upper so the kids cant do too much to it right now. He knows how much i do during a day with kids and he loves that i am home. He is totally willing to help out and ill be glad when he is done w school so maybe he can fill in insread of me hiring a sub. He would be perfectly happy to have a few kids and do an evening shift and not have to work third shift an hour from our home like he does now.

We have great families now and all i need is a couple more kids to ge at my normal teaching daycare pay so i hope i fill those last couple spots by the summer
Unregistered 09:36 AM 03-13-2012
My husband is not very understanding at all. If I am tired or upset he will simply say - Well you wanted to leave your job to be home with the kids and take in kids for your income.
It makes my blood boil.
He refuses to take any time off from his obviously more important job (Ya right) when I am sick or the kids have appointments.
I have to call my mom or a friend to come over and if not I end up taking the kids with me.
He does not understand why I am so tired at the end of the day or why my patience is running thin with my own kids by dinnertime.
He does no cleaning, no laundry, no cooking, no bathing the children or helping with bedtime.
It drives me mad.
He treats me like I am a SAHM who watched television all day or something as opposed to someone who is operating a home based business.
Oh and he is never supportive when I want to stick up for myself with the Daycare Parents. He is always afraid if I terminate a child or get too bossy that it will make us a look bad to the other people in our town. (We are from a smaller town where everyone knows everyone and their business.)
It is hard. I love the extra cash and the fact that I am at home with my kids but having no support from him is hard.
newtodaycare22 11:29 AM 03-14-2012
When I was debating quitting my job (teaching kindergarten), I discussed it with my husband. I aimed to make the same amount I was making then, but it would mean longer hours and no summers off. We have no kids of our own, so kids in the house would be a major change. I knew he would never COMPLAIN about it because he knows it would make me happy. I feel bad for you guys with husbands who aren't supportive in that same way. However, I made sure to warn him about all of the ways it would effect him (ie kids in the early am) and if he seemed overwhelmed, I wouldn't have done it.

When I made the decision official, he secretly took off work one day and one of our extra bedrooms was completely painted when I got home. Bright yellow and green walls, with all of our old furniture moved out and ready for the daycare stuff

I'm very lucky. He helps me clean each night and is great whenever he sees the kids before/after he works. Today he's taking them for a little while when I have a doctor appointment. I can't imagine doing this job w/o his support!
TBird 11:33 AM 03-14-2012
Originally Posted by Clueless:
1st husband hated it but what didn't he hate. He was a poopie head.

New hubbie is cool with it. Loves the kids. The kids Love him. But sometimes they talk his head off. He loves that wa can eat lunch together and drink a cup of coffe at nap time. He is wonderful.
Had to laugh at this one Clueless...thank you!

I'm not sure what my hubby thinks, I'll have to ask him. He's only here a few minutes in the morning & by the time he gets home everyone is 'usually' gone. The only thing he probably dislikes is a little extra mess. BUT...he knows better than to let ME know that.
renodeb 06:23 PM 03-14-2012
My husband is great with the dc kids. He plays with them when he is home and helps when he can. He is super supportive. He hates all the dc parent drama I deal with, he is a really good sounding board to. He hates how tired it makes me. The dc kids love him. Hes definaetly the fun guy. Its hard when he is off on week days and Im off weekends. (he works at homedepot)
Hes wonderful with running our own kids around (15 and 9) for appts and stuff, never complains.
Debbie
MrsB 05:44 AM 03-15-2012
My husband is very supportive. He is my backup and helps when he is home. My husband is messy so I am not sure he even notices the extra mess. He has never once complained about being the appointment taxi, meeting teachers for conferences, taking days off so I can go to the doctor, or doing his fair share of his chores.

One time I was complaining about the guilt I was feeling about our own kids. He said "you can't look at it like you are a SAHM, you have to look at it like, you are a working mom that works many overtime hours, but you are able to take your kids to work with you.

I am so blessed. I must be doing something right!
cheeseheadmama 06:10 AM 03-15-2012
I always thought my DH was fine with the daycare and kids running around, but then one day when we were discussing long term plans he said "I want my house back". I was completely floored! We had a long conversation about the options to doing daycare here and the financial ramifications of them. By the time we were done, he was at least a little less hostile to the daycare because he realized that financially it makes the most sense right now when we have little kids at home. He was actually quite shocked when he realized how much money I could bring in if I was full!

As a result of finding out his feelings though, I have been much more conscious about getting the toys cleaned up by the time he gets home and just making it less obvious that I run a daycare. It has meant more work for me, but also makes it nicer in the evening to have my home in "house mode" rather than "daycare mode".
My3cents 07:24 AM 03-15-2012
Originally Posted by daycare:
My husband and older kids both have been a blessing with my childcare.

They have never said they dont like it, but I can tell that sometimes when my husband is off on a week day that it gets to him. I just ask him to have plans for those days. GO play golf, go to a friends house, run, work out, whatever he needs.

My older two enjoy the kids in the summer participating and they get paid by me when they do. It's never a JOB for any of them, it's my job.

My daughter loves it too, because she is 14 and very creative. She painted the walls for me, draws stuff for me and etc.

I have a book on my desk that outlines what needs to be done daily. to open and close the daycare. It also says how much I will pay them if they do it.

My kids will pick one to two of the items on the list each day and then I pay them. They love it. If they don't do it, that means that I have to, but then I dont have to pay them anything.

They take care of the normal parts of the house and this is without payment...

I think that my husband love it....so far no complaints
Could you share with me more on this. I too have a 14 year old daughter who helps me.
dave4him 05:58 PM 03-16-2012
Will avoid making this response to long....
dave4him 06:32 PM 03-16-2012
My darling wife would like her house back but sees the value in not only keeping our own kids at home with me, but also having other kids for them to interact with as well. Right now its just my three and my niece so its not to crazy, kind of would like the other two spots to fill up soon so she will see that i have a real job here and not just getting by. Sure some days im a little lazier then i should be but i try to keep the house from being destroyed and meals on the table when i can. Shes ready for me to go back to work full time though, good thing daycares expensive for three kids

Did a pro and con list for going back to working full time, would be a great plus to be able to quite my weekend and night jb so i could see her more, so lets hope
themoorethemerrier 09:48 AM 03-17-2012
Last year my husband had a FT job as a collector ( ), physically ran a farm and was a deacon and youth group leader at our church. I homeschooled, did all of our farm plans, finances and marketing and grew garden shares. Then I mixed a few more kiddos in with our four.

My husband LOVES it!!! He is my FT assistant and is great with the kids and getting better every day. After 8 years in a collections job, this is therapy. We both did agree that we offer better quality care when we're together.

We had been praying for years that the Lord would lead us to a type of self employment that would allow our family to be together. Never did we think that our "job" would bring us so much joy. Come what may, we have been blessed.
MamaBear 10:52 AM 03-17-2012
My husband was okay with it when I first started 6 years ago because our youngest was an infant at the time. But it grew pretty quickly and then he didn't like it so much. The first year he dealt with it... the second year he was getting annoyed with it... The third year he avoided it... The fourth year he despised it... The fifth year he really hated it and now he is completely OVER it! lol

He is one of the reasons why I'm closing down. It just wasn't working for my family dynamics anymore. When my youngest was a baby it was good because it worked... but now that he's older and in school, it makes it harder because now my world revolves around other people's kids and not really my own. I miss out on school events and outings because of doing daycare. I was getting grumpy pretty often and my husband knew I wasn't happy with it anymore.

He was VERY relieved when I told him that I gave the parent's notice last week. He is still on deployment but says he is so happy that when he comes home, he won't have to deal with hearing babies crying, toddlers having tantrums and daycare parents asking him stupid questions... all while he's trying to decompress from deployment.

Last year when he came back from Iraq after 7 months, I had a full daycare house and so I closed for about a week to give him peace and quiet. He was supposed to take a month leave to decompress but of course I couldn't close that long... so when the daycare kids all came back the next week, he ended up going back to work earlier just to get some peace. I felt really bad about that. The fact that he had to leave home to get some quiet was pretty sad.

So this time when he comes home from Afghanistan, he will have LOTS of quiet. He would get super annoyed with the daycare parents mostly. A couple of the moms have SUPER loud nasally annoying voices and at 7am its very annoying to anyone. My husband could not stand that... and then there were the dads who would want to talk to him and my husband didn't want anything to do with him. My husband is a rough exterior kinda all American big intimidating type of guy who's tatted out & the president of a motorcycle club and not someone who looks very approachable... but there would still be that one random yuppie daycare dad who would try to chat with him... uh yeahhh... that never worked. lol

So yeah... my hubby never liked it.
My3cents 11:32 AM 03-19-2012
Originally Posted by dave4him:
My darling wife would like her house back but sees the value in not only keeping our own kids at home with me, but also having other kids for them to interact with as well. Right now its just my three and my niece so its not to crazy, kind of would like the other two spots to fill up soon so she will see that i have a real job here and not just getting by. Sure some days im a little lazier then i should be but i try to keep the house from being destroyed and meals on the table when i can. Shes ready for me to go back to work full time though, good thing daycares expensive for three kids

Did a pro and con list for going back to working full time, would be a great plus to be able to quite my weekend and night jb so i could see her more, so lets hope
She won't see that you have a real job until you feel like you have a real job! Do whatever you have to do advertise and get your spots filled. Then......you will know you will have a real job, because you won't have time to be lazy! Yes you will have down days, but not lazy days. Where she is out there working a job everyday you have no excuse not to have everything done and a meal on the table to make life easier for her and to boost your self esteem, and make the after work time for everyone happier and less stressed.

I don't know why Dave- maybe I am having an off day.....but your post just rubbed me the wrong way for some reason. Are you trying to not have to work? It sounds like your happy you have three kids so you don't have to go to work- I am probably reading into this wrong.
dave4him 05:47 PM 03-19-2012
Originally Posted by My3cents:
I don't know why Dave- maybe I am having an off day.....but your post just rubbed me the wrong way for some reason. Are you trying to not have to work? It sounds like your happy you have three kids so you don't have to go to work- I am probably reading into this wrong.
Oklay ill make this clear. I WORK, and I love to work! I wake up at 5, get the kids up and ready, make breakfast, take a couple to school, come home and teach and play, make lunch, clean house, wash fold dishes, make dinner, head to Lowes for my evening job i do on most nights and weekends. I dont get much down time so i do believe i work full time. Was just responding the question at hand. I get your idea but it hurts me deeply not being skilled enough to get a better job. I quit my current job two years ago since daycare is too expensive with our own two and we agreeed it was better. I am not lazy.
My3cents 10:06 AM 03-20-2012
Oklay ill make this clear. I WORK, and I love to work! I wake up at 5, get the kids up and ready, make breakfast, take a couple to school, come home and teach and play, make lunch, clean house, wash fold dishes, make dinner, head to Lowes for my evening job i do on most nights and weekends. I dont get much down time so i do believe i work full time. Was just responding the question at hand. I get your idea but it hurts me deeply not being skilled enough to get a better job. I quit my current job two years ago since daycare is too expensive with our own two and we agreeed it was better. I am not lazy.
I see now. She wants you to get a job outside the house. Is that what you want?

Sorry but it does take skills to do daycare. So your not with out skills If you want a job outside of home, you can always go to school part time, do daycare and Lowes in the meantime and move forward to a place you will feel better in your life. Thanks for clarifying

Are you doing daycare because you see no other way or because you have a love for what you do? Just curious-
dave4him 07:46 PM 03-20-2012
Originally Posted by My3cents:
I see now. She wants you to get a job outside the house. Is that what you want?

Sorry but it does take skills to do daycare. So your not with out skills If you want a job outside of home, you can always go to school part time, do daycare and Lowes in the meantime and move forward to a place you will feel better in your life. Thanks for clarifying

Are you doing daycare because you see no other way or because you have a love for what you do? Just curious-
I love being there for my kids and being able to use my Pastoral ministry degree to teach them and other kids who come my way. This is a season and I'm loving it.
Sunchimes 08:45 PM 03-20-2012
My husband is about 98% supportive. He thinks the parents push me around too much, but since coming to the forum, I've straightened up most of that.

He is semi-retired-works 3 partial days a week if it doesn't rain. The kids love him. If they know he's home, they stand at the gate and call him. One of my drop in girls won't leave without coming into the living room and hugging him good-bye. If she has a coat, nothing will do but that he put it on her. Monday, her grandma was carrying her out. They got out on the porch and grandma set her down. She whirled around and rushed back in to hug hubby.

Since the new baby started, he's been a life saver. Thank goodness for 2 weeks of rain! He has spent hours helping out, rocking the baby, giving bottles, every thing but changing diapers. It's allowed me a grace period to adjust to having a baby around.

We've worked together 24/7 at our other businesses since 1980, so we have things pretty well worked out.
DaycareMomma 08:48 AM 03-21-2012
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
Daycare originally caused a lot of strife between my husband and I. Basically, he thought that it would be an easy way for me to make money, take care of the kids and do all the housework during the day and then take on more in the evening so he could take a break. His expectations were very high and he had no clue what daycare parents would do to me, what the kids would do to the house and what sacrifices he would have to make (hearing kids screaming when he was home sick, toys all over the place and such). We are MUCH better now about the reality of home daycare and are both on the same page as far as me closing down as soon as possible. It was really hard there for awhile because he was making me feel lazy about not keeping up or not taking more kids and stupid for not being able to handle it all. Daycare is something we have had to do to make ends meet but definitely not our first choice. Now he is quick to give advice to other people considering it and quicker to see that I am doing A LOT. He hates when our SAHM mom friends complain about being busy and tired and makes me laugh as he details to them what all I have been doing for five years. total 180 turnaround.
Wow that sounds like my husband to a T!

My husband is suprised by how much stress it puts on me and how it effects our house. We're currently trying to decide if we move into the country and rent a place which will allow me to get out of the house and get a different job, or if we buy the place we're in and I keep doing daycare while finishing up my schooling.
My3cents 10:24 AM 03-21-2012
I love being there for my kids and being able to use my Pastoral ministry degree to teach them and other kids who come my way. This is a season and I'm loving it.
I see, I see...... stand up for yourself as a provider, advertise, and word of mouth will get around that you are a great provider. Perch on the wisdom of the providers here that have been doing this for years....best advice and great place for venting, and for getting you where you want to be in your business.

Keep reminding your wife and family, that you have a real job and it is going to take time to become established. Demand that they support you as you support them in the choices that they make. Some of the best nurses out there are male nurses......typically known to be a women's field of work. Great teachers that are males also- Don't be intimidated because you are a male in a typically known field to women. You have the potential to be great and love what you do.
Tags:husband
Reply Up